Are social media taking over messaging Boards?

Are social media taking over messaging Boards?

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

I do agree a lot of things have moved to social media, however you just can't build the same kind of community or conversation as you can on a forum.

MaxBill

The Myth
29 June 2015
Behind you

People need everything in one place so they move to social media. They really don't care for small forums and what they need is something popular so they can act.

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

I still don't think you can replace the community and engagement side of a forum though.

Daddy

29 September 2016

Socia Media is officially on the climb, a forum I was a member of has since moved to the world of facebook group. - tougher to moderate and make unique to be honest with you. I'd love to stick with the forums.

Demon_skeith

Junior
10 May 2020

I wouldn't say take over, but sites like facebook, discord and others have without a doubt hurt forums. I know its kind of hard opening up a forum compared to a discord channel these days.

Smokey

Junior
9 October 2016

I think there will always be a userbase for a traditional forum. Not everyone likes Twitter or facebook, but wants a more trusted source with their data. (I know that's laughable to say but it's true)

mixlikes

Junior
29 April 2020
USA

Message boards are Social media both are important in their own place. These platforms are effective for SEO.

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.