Building or pre-built?

Tagobs

Community Team
Staff member
Mod
26 March 2020
Norway

My teenage dream was to build my own, but then I got a MacBook for high school, and now Apple has ruined me. Now all I want is Apple-designed hardware containing Apple-designed software. I hate myself for it, but that's how it is.

Daddy

29 September 2016

I've always purchased mine from eBay, either brand new to my specifications or second hand so I can modify it the way I need it to run.

TopSilver

Junior +
18 April 2020

I once built a computer when I was in middle school. That was one of the best PC's I ever had in my life. I completely miss having it. To be honest building a computer is so much better than anything else you can buy in a store. Especially if you get everything with light up LEDs, the inside of the computer with a see-through panel and keyboard LED lights. It can be really pro. That's basically what mine had. I no longer own a desktop and do everything on a laptop but I miss those days a lot.

I no longer remember how I built it but if I learned again I would probably do it again.

HungryEgo

Junior +
21 May 2020

I want to get a new gaming desktop, except I don't have the money to drop on it right off the bat right now so that kind of sucks.

I have been eying pre-built with the intention of customizing it as I go. Except if I were to drop a few bills on a computer I would want it to be decent and "relevant" for a year or two at least before I had to start throwing more money at it.

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

I’ve just gotten myself a new gaming desktop pc and went for a pre build but customised a lot of elements on it prior to delivery - could that be an option?

HungryEgo

Junior +
21 May 2020

I’ve just gotten myself a new gaming desktop pc and went for a pre build but customised a lot of elements on it prior to delivery - could that be an option?
It could. All options are on the table lol. I’m fortunate where my roommate is an active heavy gamer, so I may just give him my budget and say “build me a masterpiece”. :D

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

Take advantage of that buddy! Get him a crate of beer or something as a thanks! I’m sure he could build a wicked set up on a limited budget?

HungryEgo

Junior +
21 May 2020

Take advantage of that buddy! Get him a crate of beer or something as a thanks! I’m sure he could build a wicked set up on a limited budget?
I just might. We briefly discussed it earlier tonight and he tossed out some super rough numbers on what he’d spend per component of a custom gaming desktop from ground up.

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.