Sir Twisted

Twisted.
Staff member
Founder
Admin
Mod
10 June 2015
Scotland.

I was just wondering what everyone's opinion on YouTubers who specify in a commentary channels, usually were they speak over themselves playing games or other sort of news related things that are happening in the world. Such as PewDiePie's pewdnews and other channels like memeulous and leafy is here.

To be honest at this point I feel like they're far over done, back in 2012 they were also very popular but a lot of the content was more unique I suppose, but then again, there were lots of young commentators talking over Call of Duty games about random stuff.. That was highly popular back in that time as well.

Juneberry

On Fire
18 April 2020
New Jersey

I tend to like commentary videos, but it depends on the content. I like them a lot when it's someone talking over doing a craft or art project, as sometimes just watching doesn't teach me anything and I watch those for inspiration and to learn new skills. I'm also a fan of commentary gaming videos, depending on the commentary itself- if it's about the game or feelings about the game, that's nice sometimes- but if it's unrelated, then it's kind of irritating. Besides videos that I watch to learn something or watch someone play a game, I'm not big on commentary as a whole. It's great that people are paying attention to the news, but I don't think everyone needs to make commentary on it. Using the news as part of a video concept is another story, though.

All that said, I'm a little awkwardly biased since I do make videos on youtube (I'm not a big youtuber, mind you- it's just fun for me) and all my videos are me sitting down and talking about a subject which, in some cases, can appear commentary-like. They're more just one-sided conversations though....

Sir Twisted

Twisted.
Staff member
Founder
Admin
Mod
10 June 2015
Scotland.

I tend to like commentary videos, but it depends on the content. I like them a lot when it's someone talking over doing a craft or art project, as sometimes just watching doesn't teach me anything and I watch those for inspiration and to learn new skills. I'm also a fan of commentary gaming videos, depending on the commentary itself- if it's about the game or feelings about the game, that's nice sometimes- but if it's unrelated, then it's kind of irritating. Besides videos that I watch to learn something or watch someone play a game, I'm not big on commentary as a whole. It's great that people are paying attention to the news, but I don't think everyone needs to make commentary on it. Using the news as part of a video concept is another story, though.

All that said, I'm a little awkwardly biased since I do make videos on youtube (I'm not a big youtuber, mind you- it's just fun for me) and all my videos are me sitting down and talking about a subject which, in some cases, can appear commentary-like. They're more just one-sided conversations though....
I completely understand what you're saying and definitely agree and if you want to, then feel free to share your YouTube channel and videos in the community.

TopSilver

Junior +
18 April 2020

I tend to watch a lot of call of duty videos like this. Mostly just letting you know what's going to be coming out and different things like that. Keeping you updated with the latest news on call of duty. I have many of the most famous call of duty youtubers and livestreamers I'm subscribed to. I started subscribing to them in 2017 for call of duty WW2 and ever since then I'm usually kept up to date with the latest content.

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.