Daily Activity?

HungryEgo

21 May 2020
Canada

Seems like a good group of people around here!

seeing a few thousand registered members on the forum stats...where are they all?

When did they all get scared away and by who?
:D

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

FA had been around a while and the forum kind of died off a little but we are now in the midst of a strong comeback!

HungryEgo

21 May 2020
Canada

I agree, sadly I suppose over time forums just become obsolete to people
This might be a good time to get some old people back. I know I went to forums when I was looking for a new hobby. And here I am!
FA had been around a while and the forum kind of died off a little but we are now in the midst of a strong comeback!
How about sending a mass email to everyone reminding them and welcoming them back? Some people may be looking for a new hobby and might want to turn to forums again for social interaction and entertainment. That's how I initially came around to this place. Might be worth a shot.

Come up with a monthly newsletter or something.

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

I like the idea of monthly newsletter and is certainly something I’m sure Sir Twisted would consider! As for the mass email I think that has already been done.

Sir Twisted

Twisted.
Staff member
Founder
Admin
Mod
10 June 2015
Scotland.

The website has indeed been active for coming close to 5 years. It has been a roller-coaster of a ride, ups and downs at every turn. We had a point, in which the site had a good amount of activity coming in and staying and then slowly it all faded, I was to blame as well for getting caught up in life. But I came back with good intentions and so far we're getting there. I will need to setup a newsletter and start promoting the site through other communities again.

HungryEgo

21 May 2020
Canada

What about kicking off an official "Water Cooler Hour" where people make an effort to come and be social with the community for that 1 hr per week. Broadcast that and I wonder how much traffic that would bring in?

Sir Twisted

Twisted.
Staff member
Founder
Admin
Mod
10 June 2015
Scotland.

What about kicking off an official "Water Cooler Hour" where people make an effort to come and be social with the community for that 1 hr per week. Broadcast that and I wonder how much traffic that would bring in?
That's a good idea, I was also thinking of implementing the idea of prehaps a member of the week scheme. And tie that into member of the month.

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.