Favorite Playstation?

Maelalove

Climbing the ladder
15 December 2015
75
0

Reputation:

I know a lot of us Playstation fans have had almost all of the consoles at one point in time or at least played with one. Which one was your favorite? For me, it's the Playstation 2, closely followed by the original. I have super reminiscent days when I remember the old Playstations, although I love the new ones too.
 

G2G

Member
17 December 2015
121
0

Reputation:

Maelalove said:
I know a lot of us Playstation fans have had almost all of the consoles at one point in time or at least played with one. Which one was your favorite? For me, it's the Playstation 2, closely followed by the original. I have super reminiscent days when I remember the old Playstations, although I love the new ones too.
I got PS1, 3, and 4. But the one i liked the most should be PS2, because of the game library and graphics.
 

SLTE

Member
7 September 2015
117
0

Reputation:

Hum. I'd probably rank 'em like this so far:

- PS2
- PS1
- PS3
- PS4

The PS2 had, for my money, the best library of games out of the lot. I've got an enormous library of PS2 games that I tend to break out more often than those of any other console. PS1 has a lot of RPG classics, so it has to come second, and the PS3... is the PS3. Awesome console in general. PS4 gets the bottom rung mainly because none of its games have REALLY wowed me yet, aside from maybe Fallout 4, but the system itself is solid.
 

Garrus

Junior
7 January 2016
22
0

Reputation:

I think we all have a little skewed perspective on consoles especially considering we spent massively different periods of our lives playing them. I know that's the case for me. As far as nostalgia goes, PS1 is my jam, I still sometimes fire up an emulator and play Crash or Twisted Metal. I like both PS2 and PS3 as well, but I think we still haven't seen the full potential of the PS4 and I think when it's all said and done, PS4 might come out as the best console compared to its predecessors.
 

Elfprincess

Member
26 November 2015
158
0

Reputation:

PS2 is not only the best PlayStation, but a best console ever, in my humble opinion. It had so many wonderful games for literally everyone - kids, adults, even fans of more challenging and weird titles. No wonder it lasted so long on the market. Even shortly before the end of it's production, solid titles were delivered (not many, but still! For example Persona 4). It had the best exclusives, imho (Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, etc).
I've spent many hours playing wonderful titles on it, thanks to it I've fallen in love with MGS and Silent Hill, as well as the productions of Team Ico.
 

MandyMarieB

Junior +
6 September 2015
55
0
31

Reputation:

Garrus said:
I think we all have a little skewed perspective on consoles especially considering we spent massively different periods of our lives playing them. I know that's the case for me. As far as nostalgia goes, PS1 is my jam, I still sometimes fire up an emulator and play Crash or Twisted Metal. I like both PS2 and PS3 as well, but I think we still haven't seen the full potential of the PS4 and I think when it's all said and done, PS4 might come out as the best console compared to its predecessors.
Agreed. We're all going to be a little biased to whatever we're nostalgic for. That said, I'd go with PS2. I played a LOT of PS1 games and those are the ones I'm admittedly MOST nostalgic for, but as they were all playable on the PS2 as well, I feel like I'm leaning towards that. The PS2 is also the console I had the longest. (I didn't get a PS3 until last year.) Plus, the PS2 served as my DVD player for a very long time. xD
 

Elfprincess

Member
26 November 2015
158
0

Reputation:

I think that PS is second best to PS2 (by which I mean that it's awesome) - it started everything, had great graphics for the time and many iconic games came out for it (FFVII and MGS, for example... though they were also available on PC). I love it a lot - my favorite game is Galerians, a small, underrated gem of survival horror - but PS2 overshadowed it for me.
 

Garrus

Junior
7 January 2016
22
0

Reputation:

MandyMarieB said:
Garrus said:
I think we all have a little skewed perspective on consoles especially considering we spent massively different periods of our lives playing them. I know that's the case for me. As far as nostalgia goes, PS1 is my jam, I still sometimes fire up an emulator and play Crash or Twisted Metal. I like both PS2 and PS3 as well, but I think we still haven't seen the full potential of the PS4 and I think when it's all said and done, PS4 might come out as the best console compared to its predecessors.
Agreed. We're all going to be a little biased to whatever we're nostalgic for. That said, I'd go with PS2. I played a LOT of PS1 games and those are the ones I'm admittedly MOST nostalgic for, but as they were all playable on the PS2 as well, I feel like I'm leaning towards that. The PS2 is also the console I had the longest. (I didn't get a PS3 until last year.) Plus, the PS2 served as my DVD player for a very long time. xD
I probably should've said the same now that I think about it. I got PS2 probably around the time it came out and I had that console the longest as well. I forgot how I played some PS1 games on there, and it my first (and only) DVD player. Hm, yeah, PS2 definitely feels like the best console from this perspective. I'm still waiting to see what PS4 can do too though.
 

Codie

Climbing the ladder
7 December 2015
77
0
25

Reputation:

Playstation 2

I didn't "love" this console but it was the last playstation I have ever owned. It also was pretty fun to play my old ps1 games on. Time to get an emulator I guess. Thanks OP for bringing back memories.
 

ACSAPA

Junior
18 August 2015
30
0

Reputation:

I vote for the PlayStation 2 because it lasted 12 years and they kept making new games for it for 12 years, which is an amazing run considering that modern consoles are obsolete after about 4 years. It also had an amazing , massive library of games that people still talk about today like ICO and the Final Fantasy games. The PS2 had a golden age of RPGs where there was a crap ton of pretty good Japanese RPGs coming out all the time. I still play my PS2 sometimes in 2016.
 

Elfprincess

Member
26 November 2015
158
0

Reputation:

ACSAPA said:
I vote for the PlayStation 2 because it lasted 12 years and they kept making new games for it for 12 years, which is an amazing run considering that modern consoles are obsolete after about 4 years. It also had an amazing , massive library of games that people still talk about today like ICO and the Final Fantasy games. The PS2 had a golden age of RPGs where there was a crap ton of pretty good Japanese RPGs coming out all the time.  I still play my PS2 sometimes in 2016.
I really need to get back to my PS2 and finally play the entire Xenosaga trilogy.
Is it just me, or PS3 got much less JRPGs than PS2? Maybe I'm not as knowledgeable on the topic, but feels like PS3 had 30 at best, while PS2 had 150. Has the genre became less popular, or is it just me?
 

SLTE

Member
7 September 2015
117
0

Reputation:

Elfprincess said:
ACSAPA said:
I vote for the PlayStation 2 because it lasted 12 years and they kept making new games for it for 12 years, which is an amazing run considering that modern consoles are obsolete after about 4 years. It also had an amazing , massive library of games that people still talk about today like ICO and the Final Fantasy games. The PS2 had a golden age of RPGs where there was a crap ton of pretty good Japanese RPGs coming out all the time.  I still play my PS2 sometimes in 2016.
I really need to get back to my PS2 and finally play the entire Xenosaga trilogy.
Is it just me, or PS3 got much less JRPGs than PS2? Maybe I'm not as knowledgeable on the topic, but feels like PS3 had 30 at best, while PS2 had 150. Has the genre became less popular, or is it just me?
It has, yeah. Or there are just fewer JRPGs coming out over here. I suspect that the expansion of technology has made RPGs in general more and more expensive to make, so gaming companies opt for the alternatives that will take less time and cost less to produce - namely the amorphous 'action adventure' genre. On the plus side, the JRPGs that do come out tend to be fairly enormous, or at least they do in my experience.
 

rainhero

Junior
9 February 2016
35
0
33

Reputation:

PS2 is my favorite and I still play it to this day. It did have an impressive awesome library of games to work with, not to mention my all-time favorite game series (Jak and Daxter) was released on it. The PS3 comes in second though, which is what I have been gaming on as of lately (it's my brothers), but the number one spot is always going to go to the PS2.
 

ACSAPA

Junior
18 August 2015
30
0

Reputation:

Elfprincess said:
ACSAPA said:
I vote for the PlayStation 2 because it lasted 12 years and they kept making new games for it for 12 years, which is an amazing run considering that modern consoles are obsolete after about 4 years. It also had an amazing , massive library of games that people still talk about today like ICO and the Final Fantasy games. The PS2 had a golden age of RPGs where there was a crap ton of pretty good Japanese RPGs coming out all the time.  I still play my PS2 sometimes in 2016.
I really need to get back to my PS2 and finally play the entire Xenosaga trilogy.
Is it just me, or PS3 got much less JRPGs than PS2? Maybe I'm not as knowledgeable on the topic, but feels like PS3 had 30 at best, while PS2 had 150. Has the genre became less popular, or is it just me?
I wouldn't say that it's gotten less popular. In fact, I notice quite a few JRPGs and other Japanese games on the PS4. I just think the PS3 simply didn't have as many. I actually noticed more JRPGs being released from Xbox 360 during that time period. It's strange. Nevertheless, there was definitely a plethora of Japanese games for the PS2, and a lot of them were good. Even the less popular ones like Dark Cloud or Suikoden  were good in that "hidden gem" way. I also played Xenosaga. Very good Sci-Fi RPG series.
 

Blue

Member
5 December 2016
159
0

Reputation:

Mine was the ps3, as I would come home everyday from school and play playstation home. I played that for around 7 years since the beta, and I will miss it everyday. It was a staple game of my childhood. I'm sad they closed it.
 

Tap

Emerald
Emerald Upgrade
2 December 2016
51
0
19

Reputation:

Well, I would for sure say PS2 Because my favorite games were on there! Then I got PS3 but still none the less PS2 topped everything I remember coming home every day to play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas as a child oh boy did I love that game!!! I remember there was this one cheat code or something where you could spawn in a stunt plane  :hehe: I had so much fun playing GTA SA haha
 

Affray

Climbing the ladder
27 November 2016
94
0
33

Reputation:

Tap said:
Well, I would for sure say PS2 Because my favorite games were on there! Then I got PS3 but still none the less PS2 topped everything I remember coming home every day to play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas as a child oh boy did I love that game!!! I remember there was this one cheat code or something where you could spawn in a stunt plane  :hehe: I had so much fun playing GTA SA haha
San Andreas is fairly widely accepted as the best GTA game and I can't disagree.
More modern GTA games are way better looking and are a natural progression of the series in gameplay, etc, but San Andreas was just so goddamn amazing for it's time.
It was a cut above most games in almost every way, there is so much you can do even while just screwing around and accomplishing nothing plot or mission wise.
Even today I can pick it up and play for hours and just have the best time.
 

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.

Top