Forum Authority V3! (Xenforo change! + Downtime Update.)

Sir Twisted

Twisted.
Staff member
Founder
Admin
Mod
10 June 2015
Scotland.

Hello once again Forum Authority members - I bring to you possibly the most exciting update that Forum Authority has ever had in it's history. What is this great news I hear you ask?

Forum Authority is moving...on to XenForo!

Yes, that's right you read it correctly, I took the decision to upgrade our software from free MyBB to the latest paid version of XenForo. This has opened up a world of opportunity to Forum Authority, the customisation and integration options are pretty much endless. I hope this creates a better more user-friendly experience for the whole community here on FA.

We will still continue to have the great features that we have had in the past such as the award system, contests, giveaways etc, however by moving onto XenForo we have so many options open to us from the Trophy system to the Arcade to a brand new reputation system, more customisation for profiles, posts, styling and exclusive ad-dons.

A lot of work has gone into making this happen over the last 72 hours and I'm delighted to say that Sir Twisted has done an amazing job with making it all go smoothly, he already has a custom theme ready to go which I'm sure you will all be happy to know is mobile friendly! Between myself and Sir Twisted we have done our best to ensure that everything has transferred over correctly and have tested as much as we can but we are aware there might be some errors or bugs that we haven't spotted as of yet. We would greatly appreciate anything that you find be reported to one of us as soon as possible via private message.

XenForo is a very user friendly software that is fully supported and is constantly being updated, so if there is a feature you would like to see or feel like we are missing something important, feel free to make suggestions to us and they will be taken under consideration! If they are to the benefit the community and are implemented, you will be awarded an exclusive contributor trophy.

DOWNTIME ISSUE.

In regards to the prolonged down time today, this was due to hosting errors, alongside some configuration needing required. Unfortunately due to this we have lost 24 hours worth of data, which means any posts created within that time frame will have been deleted. Thankfully though I have managed to iron out some bugs, which related to user post count not displaying and site styling issues. As this is still the early stages of the move, please be aware more changes will come, especially to user permissions. Some of these do require tweaking, which means content you have access to now may or may not remain that way in the foreseeable future. Rest assured our current site upgrades will get expanded with better benefits now due to the software capabilities.

Kind Regards,

Sir Twisted & Digital.

TopSilver

Junior +
18 April 2020

Great work moving to Xenforo. I would also like to say I am very much loving this custom theme and what you've done with it. Everything looks so perfect. Fantastic job. I will be active here more often.

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

Don’t forget that both forum contests are still live! Get joining them now as you explore the new look Forum Authority.

Nasyr

Junior
11 April 2017
Scotland

especially when that change is from free to paid software, in which the whole community can benefit from a range of better installments, I say it's needed. :)
Don't get me wrong it's a damn awesome forum script to be running from as it's much more maintained than MyBB.

Hey buddy, How are you? A lot of things have been changed. btw Welcome back.
Haven't been too bad, long time no see. Ever hear from Scar again since he disappeared?
Appreciate the welcome back, you too.

Sir Twisted

Twisted.
Staff member
Founder
Admin
Mod
10 June 2015
Scotland.

Don't get me wrong it's a damn awesome forum script to be running from as it's much more maintained than MyBB.

Haven't been too bad, long time no see. Ever hear from Scar again since he disappeared?
Appreciate the welcome back, you too.
Nasyr I would have to agree there. :)

Wow that's a name I've not heard in a long time! I remember AA very well.

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

Guys don’t forget we have two amazing contests running just now with great prizes up for grabs!

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.