Internet Speed Test

Tagobs

Community Team
Staff member
Mod
26 March 2020
Norway

Do you have an internet connection that is comparable to the speed of light, or do you maybe spend ten seconds just to load Forum Authority? Check your connection with Speedtest by Ookla and share your results below.

I can't really brag :cautious:

tomdev

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 𝖅𝖔𝖓𝖊
Emerald Upgrade
1 May 2020
localhost

This definitely covers my needs

Screenshot_2020-05-11 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.png

wouldn't say no to 100k tho ^^

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

Mine is currently so slow this morning it’s failed to even register on the speed test! It’s like a snail!

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

I just tried to test the speed again but it’s still going so slow

Juneberry

On Fire
18 April 2020
New Jersey

PING ms

DOWNLOAD Mbps

UPLOAD Mbps

AKA... My internet sucks. (I couldn't figure out how to share the results like everyone else did)

Daddy

29 September 2016

Not sure if this is good or not? is it higher the ping worse the connection?
Pages are loading pretty instant for me tbh..
Oh, also, i'm currently broadcasting on the radio atm, and not sure if anyone is downloading anything downstairs.. so that's probably why my download speed is so high, I don't know?

digital

Community Team Leader
Staff member
Team Leader
27 April 2020
Scotland

As usual mine is at an absolute crawl! It’s just been the worst this last week

HungryEgo

21 May 2020
Canada

My laptop is...ok...right now. I am in an almost wifi deadzone but that should get fixed soon. I am getting mesh pods from my isp and will then put my laptop on an ethernet connection :devilish:

EDIT: Here is what I just got from my phone on the other side of my house closer to my modem :D

Last edited:

HungryEgo

21 May 2020
Canada

Just installed Mesh Wifi throughout my house and put a pod in my "office". This is what my 5 year old laptop is pumping out.

HungryEgo

21 May 2020
Canada

Oh my God, I soo want mesh WiFi myself, but the price tag is pretty steep!
I've been eyeballing a mesh system from Amazon that is going to be my plan B if these wifi pods from my ISP don't work out in the long run.
This is the set I have been eyeballing from Amazon
This is the cheaper version of the above set

If you factor in that this will create LAN drops at various points in your home where the signal gets transmitted through your AC Power cables, this makes a world of difference. It is too early for me to actually give an adequate review, but after 24hrs with them, so far so good.

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.