My group.

Sqweerl

26 November 2016

hosting forums doesnt need to cost much or not cost at all.

And if their paying with their own money then their choice not mine.

Nasyr

Junior
11 April 2017
Scotland

Sqweerl said:

That is true that it does not need to cost a lot or anything at all. However if you want a forum to succeed you need to play the game. This means you do need to put money in, and a lot of it at that. You need a quality VPS, DDoS protection, additional I.P addresses, back-up storage areas. Keep in mind that's monthly, we've not even covered additional expenses for themes, addons, graphics, marketing, advertising etc. Sorry buddy but to run a forum correctly you need to have money at hand and ready to spend.

katos

Administrator
Admin
29 June 2015

notsecondNight Forumsnotattemptedto the best of our ability.notsubstantial
  • VPS
  • Domain
  • Firewall
  • DDoS protection
  • Plugins
  • Graphics
  • Advertisements / marketing
  • Backup / restore server
  • License agreement
  • Investment portfolio
I also strongly
Lets break this down.

Correct, you canrequire
We can make the same argument that if you paid with your own money for a usergroup, then that's your choice, and since it was made on Night Forums and not our forums, then this is your choice and not up to us to honour, but we are trying to be polite and help people out here, so please respect that.
Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me or @"Sir Twisted"

Silence

Emerald
Emerald Upgrade
5 November 2016

katos said:
Night Forumsnotattemptedto the best of our ability." (Which might I add, is something I agree with. It is not your responsibility to refund for a group purchased for a merger, it would be the previous owners' - which is what I meant when I said if the group was not available I would like the refund, however I forgot to specify from the aforementioned ex-owners of NF.)

I had been fairly inactive on the Forum, and my usergroup had been removed, as if I recall I checked and saw no option for it. I didn't receive an email like stated, which is why I posted in the first place. Personally I would have taken this with a grain of salt and called it a loss, however that statement infuriated me for some reason. Also, the statement made by me for the 'awards' was more-so a direct call out for the Selfie Award that was offered at one point, yet never received after staff stated we would.

What I would like to see for usergroups is strictly this:
  • Change the Member Groups into a Category falling after the Technology Section.
For better frame of reference, here is what I'm talking about. Each usergroup would have a section like "Usergroup Name" and the sub-sections under it, all moderated by the Group Owner, not visible to the public unless in the group.

I'd be more than happy to sit down with the staff team, as well as the other group leaders, so we can professionally come to a unanimous compromise that benefits all parties. Thank you for clearing things up and for us.
[hr]
marshmallow said:
Contradicting your username, I see..

Silence

Emerald
Emerald Upgrade
5 November 2016

Any updates or new information that might be interesting for group owners to know?

M

marshmallow

Silence said:
marshmallow said:
Contradicting your username, I see..
If you don't have anything that is actually relevant, why bother posting. All you're doing is making an LQ post on a thread that is actually somewhat serious.
Ever heard of making light of the situation? It was a bit of humor, gee, relax...

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.