Photography portfolio

MVD

Junior
7 December 2016
Romania

Lashzara said:
These are great, you seem to have a really good eye for picking up patterns! Especially with your nature work...
Thank you. I kind of always use the Rule of Thirds and try to see a good shot in everything. Of course, there are times I can't, either because of the subject (for example today I didn't find anything interesting at a christmas tree in my village, it was just boring) or because I can't (today too I couldn't take a picture of the moon, my camera wouldn't focus properly, as in the focus was not large enough)

Lashzara

Junior
7 December 2016
Minnesota

MVD said:
Lashzara said:
These are great, you seem to have a really good eye for picking up patterns! Especially with your nature work...
Thank you. I kind of always use the Rule of Thirds and try to see a good shot in everything. Of course, there are times I can't, either because of the subject (for example today I didn't find anything interesting at a christmas tree in my village, it was just boring) or because I can't (today too I couldn't take a picture of the moon, my camera wouldn't focus properly, as in the focus was not large enough)
Gotta love that. I see some good diagonals there too. Have you ever tried creating illustrations with clipping masks using your photos? If I had a good camera I'm sure I would.

MVD

Junior
7 December 2016
Romania

Lashzara said:
MVD said:
Lashzara said:
Gotta love that. I see some good diagonals there too. Have you ever tried creating illustrations with clipping masks using your photos? If I had a good camera I'm sure I would.
Once. It didn't go too well. xD
http://madalinvlad.deviantart.com/art/Duotone-shot-of-mountains-blue-587862737

Lashzara

Junior
7 December 2016
Minnesota

MVD said:
Lashzara said:
MVD said:
Lashzara said:
Once. It didn't go too well. xD
http://madalinvlad.deviantart.com/art/Duotone-shot-of-mountains-blue-587862737
Hey, I dig it! Just stick a silhouette dragon in there and a castle and it's a spoopy fantasy piece. Frostalexis on DA has a lot of useful tips and tutorials if you want to develop into that for the halibut.

Daphne

Junior +
14 December 2016

I agree. That's some really impressive work. What type of camera do you use, if you don't mind my asking?

MVD

Junior
7 December 2016
Romania

Daphne said:
I agree. That's some really impressive work. What type of camera do you use, if you don't mind my asking?
I wrote it in my instagram bio. I own a Nikon d3300 with its kit lens and a semi-macro lens and my oneplus 3. Only a couple of photos from my instagram are from the camera, most photos are taken with my phone and heavily post-processed.
Thank you for your kind words :)

necr0

Emerald
Emerald Upgrade
21 November 2016

I agree your Instagram is amazing, beautiful macro photographs with post-processing done masterfully. I'm looking to do a set soon with a similar style, when I do I'll forward you the link!

katos

Administrator
Admin
29 June 2015

I'd be interested to see some tutorials or such of your post-processing and how you achieve some of your styles.
Keep up the great work! :)

MVD

Junior
7 December 2016
Romania

katos said:
I'd be interested to see some tutorials or such of your post-processing and how you achieve some of your styles.
Nothing so important, I just use Camu(android app) to take the photos and choose from one of their filters, i also modify the exposure(I mostly turn it down because my phone's camera has it a bit too high) and the Lux (for higher details).
the rest is done by instagram as I turn the lux there higher too, and edit things like highlight/shadow limits, contrast, saturation etc. to make them look good enough.

Suraf

28 February 2016
Atlas Industries

MVD said:
katos said:
Nothing so important, I just use Camu(android app) to take the photos and choose from one of their filters, i also modify the exposure(I mostly turn it down because my phone's camera has it a bit too high) and the Lux (for higher details).
the rest is done by instagram as I turn the lux there higher too, and edit things like highlight/shadow limits, contrast, saturation etc. to make them look good enough.
Camu, also available for iOS

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.