Poetry Contest Entry

Juneberry

On Fire
18 April 2020
New Jersey

I enter a lot of poetry contests- my goal is to enter a writing contest once a month minimum this year. This month's contest (which I have exactly one day left to enter) requires a poem relating to how covid-19 is effecting you. I've found that being in touch and open with people is more vital, yet harder to do. I feel like I'm often holding myself back. This wasn't a major issue for me prior to covid... so I wrote an acrostic based on that. If you have ideas on how I can fix it up, let me know!

Can you ever really
Open up when a
Virus threatens to
Infect your soul,
Destroying you from inside?

Tagobs

Community Team
Staff member
Mod
26 March 2020
Norway

Oh, I like that! I always find acrostics to be quite clever, and I like the play on how a physical virus can go do damage beyond the physical. Good job! It might not be the most constructive criticism you've heard, but I hope it at least can bring you a sense of satisfaction!

Juneberry

On Fire
18 April 2020
New Jersey

Oh, I like that! I always find acrostics to be quite clever, and I like the play on how a physical virus can go do damage beyond the physical. Good job! It might not be the most constructive criticism you've heard, but I hope it at least can bring you a sense of satisfaction!
It certainly makes me more confident in it! I'm going to wait until later today to submit, because I want to get more feedback, both here and in my writing circle. I'm grateful for your input, though! I love acrostics <3

Juneberry

On Fire
18 April 2020
New Jersey

A friend wrote a new version of it, which I then used to inspire some minor edits to the original you see above. I feel much more confident now and it's already sent in! :3 I'm glad you liked it so far- hopefully you like the update too!

Can I ever
Open up, when a
Virus threatens to
Infect my spirit,
Destroying me from within?

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.