The Difference between programming and coding?

Naiwen

One and Only
25 July 2015

I've got no knowledge at all in programming, so you gotta explain the difference between programming and coding in very easy to understand words. Such as explaining to a non-programmer, what's programming and coding. I'd like to know more about them.

Ben Cousins

Junior
5 August 2016

They're interchangeable to a degree.

I tend to use them as follows:

• Coding: Throwing together any code - HTML, CSS...
  • Programming: Making things work.

euan

Junior +
3 September 2016
England

katos said:
Ben?Cousins said:

That's pretty much how I'd sum it up too. Both are fairly interchangeable really, but programming is also used widely when configuring other equipment such as pager systems, telephony equipment and more that doesn't actually require any writing of code.

Naiwen

One and Only
25 July 2015

euan said:
katos said:
Ben?Cousins said:

That's pretty much how I'd sum it up too. Both are fairly interchangeable really, but programming is also used widely when configuring other equipment such as pager systems, telephony equipment and more that doesn't actually require any writing of code.
What are pager systems?

euan

Junior +
3 September 2016
England

Naiwen said:
euan said:
katos said:
Ben?Cousins said:

What are pager systems?

katos

Administrator
Admin
29 June 2015

Naiwen said:
What are pager systems?
Pagers are small devices that alert the wearer of a small text message, or that someone is trying to get hold of them.
From Wikipedia:

Code:
a small radio device, activated from a central point, which emits a series of bleeps or vibrates to inform the wearer that someone wishes to contact them or that it has received a short text message

Naiwen

One and Only
25 July 2015

katos said:
Naiwen said:
What are pager systems?
Pagers are small devices that alert the wearer of a small text message, or that someone is trying to get hold of them.
From Wikipedia:

Code:
a small radio device, activated from a central point, which emits a series of bleeps or vibrates to inform the wearer that someone wishes to contact them or that it has received a short text message
Oh, it's just my first time hearing of them. Thanks for the info.

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.