Thoughts on Windows 10?

katos

Administrator
Admin
29 June 2015

I like it, got a few built in things that need tweaking and editting, but I do like it ;)

sapett

Junior
4 July 2015

I love Windows 10. I installed it on my laptop a week ago. I really think it's a step up from Windows 8. It seems more sleek, user friendly, and fast. I've had a good experience with it so far.

Hero

Junior
8 September 2015

Windows 10 is great so far. It is lightweight, and far more superior than Windows 7 or 8. I think it was well worth the upgrade.

seed

Junior
14 May 2016

I would like to hear some of your opinions on Windows' latest operating system. What do you adore the most about it or what do you dislike about it, or list both!

My opinion:
As I tested Windows 10 I immediately switched back to Windows 7, I generally didn't like the system and it caused a ton of lag (at least for me, and trust me I have a pretty good computer). And it was not as simplistic as I thought it would be. One thing I did like about it though was the design, it was very clean but the other features didn't tickle my fancy much.

Naiwen

One and Only
25 July 2015

As Windows 10 is a software technology, I'll be moving your thread to a more appropriate section of our forums : "Hardware/Software." And since I've never used it, I can't pronounce myself on it. There's a duplicate thread on that, I'll merge yours with the same one @'Sir Twisted' made.
[hr]

11 June 2016
Athens

Well, i liked Windows 10 but for me it's better for users that want to have everything fast and easy, dunno but for me the best windows version will be always Windows 7!

Ant

Junior
28 December 2016

It doesn't use just Edge browsing data. It uses ALL browsing data, no matter what browser used.
Same with Cortana, anything searched will be archived and logged within Microsofts database
Only really applies with laptop's

Krados

Junior
30 October 2016

I don't like how they can view and take your privacy without even informing you. I'd rather stick with W7

Crypto

On Fire
4 December 2016
United States

Krados said:
I don't like how they can view and take your privacy without even informing you. I'd rather stick with W7
Well it is actually buried within policies that do tell you that they collect data that some would call an intrusion to privacy.

Krados

Junior
30 October 2016

Senpie said:
Krados said:
Well it is actually buried within policies that do tell you that they collect data that some would call an intrusion to privacy.
Yes, but literally none of the people noticed it in the policies and terms of service. They only saw it by tweaking into the control panel finding a bar that informs you that they take your information for their work. It's also deeply "transparent" in there.
And there isn't even an option to force the privacy stealing to stop. So yeah.

tomdev

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖔𝖘 𝖅𝖔𝖓𝖊
Emerald Upgrade
1 May 2020
localhost

Sir Twisted said:
I'm quite liking it! I may have over hyped myself, just a little, but i'm still getting used too and figuring everything out :)
Graphics Card: Msi RX 580 Armor 8GB OC
Motherboard: Msi B450M Gaming Plus
RAM: I don't know (16GB) DDR4 3000MHz (I think from Corsair)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 12-Threads
CPU-FAN: ARCTIC Freezer * some number
SSD: Samsung SSD 500GB
HDD: Samsung HDD 500GB
Power-Supply: forgot, 500W

Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 500 (orange)
Monitor: AMD somewhat, 27 inches, 75hz, Free-Sync (+ some second monitor)
Keyboard: I have no idea, will update soon
Mouse: Gaming Mouse from Klim
Headset: Some In-Ear Headphone because my old ones broke

Windows 10 Professional

* will soon post a photo

About Us

Forum Authority is a general discussion forum. We currently have a variety of categories to choose from, where you can participate in discussions. We also have many features such as a powerful credits & awards system, custom upgrades, plugins + more! Here you have the opportunity to meet new people, learn something new, find unique resources & tutorials, win contests & prizes, receive freebies and be given advice or help.