Forum Authority

Full Version: malicious apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
have you ever downloaded a seemingly innocent looking app for your phone only to discover it has locked you out of phone and deleted all your files? that is what happened to me 2 years ago. i downloaded a wifi boosting app but it hijacked my phone..i ended up having it be resetted..luckily all my important files were saved on external servers.

note: be very cautious if an app wants to "use accts, remove accts"
Never downloaded such an app, I only download popular reliable apps so yeah. Something similar though, someone told me to go on this website so I did and then a page came up saying you can't leave. When I pressed "close page" or the switch off button or "home", it said "are you scared already?" and I had to go to a mobile shop to get the phone unlocked.
downloading apps is like a mystery game. you dont know what might happen until you get it on your phone, pc or tablet. after what happened, iam always cautious..but one must not live in a paranoid state lol
Surprisingly and thankfully this has never happened to me.
I have never had this happen to me, thankfully. I suggest you read this and develop some secure habits: http://www.androidcentral.com/five-tips-...ur-android
No I have never downloaded a malicious app. If you want to avoid downloading malicious applications, you should download them from a trusted store front official or not.
I would also suggest you install an anti-virus app from the official store fronts to protect yourself.