Forum Authority

Full Version: Reading.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How much time do you spend on reading?  

Do you read for pleasure or do you read for learning purposes? 

Do you have a favorite bookstore, library, etc. that you use to get your reading material from?
I personally don't read as much as I would like too, but when I do, I get quite invested for hours.
I'm a fan of reading, but unfortunately I mostly have time to read for my studies. Reading academic works while taking notes while knowing I'll have to use it in some paper sometime soon is not really the same as kicking it back with a good novel. 

To be able to get at least a few books read these days, I'm mostly sticking with shorter ones. The last couple I've read are:
  • Seven Nights by Simon Strauss. A very hyped book in Germany these days (or at least last year). Basically it's about a young man that's on his way out of his youth. He's afraid of growing up, as in having a monogamous and routine-based life. So, to see how little he really cares for routines, he accepts a challenge from a stranger, namely committing one of the seven sins every day for a week.
  • Who Killed my Father by Édouard Louis. This is one of my favorite authors, a young, gay French man that in his earlier works has done a really good job at describing the French working class. In this one he attacks the French state, who he claims worsens the lives of those already in need (using his disabled dad as an example). 

I'd recommend both of them! You'll read through them quite quickly, seeing as both are less than a hundred pages long.