Forum Authority

Full Version: Music when you work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am curious about what kind of music do you guys listen to when you work on something.

Me, for example, when I code I usually listen to metal or drum and bass. It gets me hyped up so I work faster.

I listen to metallica and angerfist and stuff
(11-29-2016, 08:48 AM)Sqweerl Wrote: [ -> ]I listen to metallica and angerfist and stuff

I actually didn't listen to Metallica in a while. Time to listen to their albums now  Hehe
(11-29-2016, 08:57 AM)On3. Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2016, 08:48 AM)Sqweerl Wrote: [ -> ]I listen to metallica and angerfist and stuff

I actually didn't listen to Metallica in a while. Time to listen to their albums now  Hehe

Yeah they are good, i didnt like the concert in gothenburg last year tho, they weren't so good
I like to listen to music while I work.
It makes the task at hand and the time fly by and you get to feel like your life has a bitchin soundtrack to it.

My musical taste is pretty narrow compared to most, but here is some of what I listen to while I work:

Iron Maiden
Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow
Rush
Styx
Richard Cheese
The Offspring
Ninja Sex Party
Video game music

So it's mostly classic rock and metal with some goofy fun stuff thrown in for good measure.
Music from video games is amazing to work with because it is literally designed to keep your brain focused on menial tasks like grinding to level characters and wandering vast landscapes.
Mass Effect and Dragon Age Inquisition have amazing music for working to.
yooo Richard Cheese is great, Rush too

For me it's mostly:
Ben Folds
Tally Hall
The Cat Empire
Aerosmith
The Fratellis
The Hush Sound
Guns N' Roses
Barenaked Ladies
Weezer
Jonathan Coulton

Some others, but those guys make up the majority of my playlists and most consistently make music I like.
No diggity; Blackstreet
UK Grim or Stoner rap.
(11-29-2016, 05:52 PM)Gooze Wrote: [ -> ]yooo Richard Cheese is great, Rush too

For me it's mostly:
Ben Folds
Tally Hall
The Cat Empire
Aerosmith
The Fratellis
The Hush Sound
Guns N' Roses
Barenaked Ladies
Weezer
Jonathan Coulton

Some others, but those guys make up the majority of my playlists and most consistently make music I like.

There are a few in there that I don't recognise.
I'm going to have to look in to them.
Bryson Tiller and Trey Songz. Idk why
Pages: 1 2 3