Forum Authority

Full Version: Camping Preference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What does NF prefer when camping:
An RV or a good old-fashioned tent?

Answer: I prefer tents instead of RV's. I believe that camping feels more "real" with tents.
Super definitely tent style.
I doesn't count as camping if you bring a living room and kitchen with you.
(12-02-2016, 02:21 AM)Affray Wrote: [ -> ]Super definitely tent style.
I doesn't count as camping if you bring a living room and kitchen with you.

Exactly! Why do people think they consider themselves "campers" when they have a mobile home? Sounds like they don't want to be living in one spot all the time.
Wouldn't really consider it camping with an RV, personally.
As soon as you include an RV or anything like that it just turns in to a vacation, not a camping trip.
May as well just hike in the day and sleep in a hotel room at night.
Never slept in an RV. Not that popular in my country, I don't even think I've saw one.
It could be fun going to the woods with an RV but tents for the win.
Sometimes I enjoy sleeping in a tent more than sleeping in my own bed.

Relly love those long nights sitting by the campfire, cooking food on sticks, getting drunk, singing with friends, the next mornings when you're hungover but the air is so good you sober up in half an hour.

Damn it Lerk, now I want to go camping but it's winter. ;(
Definitely tents. Though, I'd settle for a horror movie-esque cabin as well.

Around these here parts pop-up campers are really popular. Because we live in the frozen north, everyone and their mother's drive trucks and goes camping. It only makes sense to haul one around for ease. Me, personally, I had a rather nightmarish time in a pop-up camper once and do not want to relive it. Actually, two separate nightmarish times.

1st. Thunderstorms. We had an older one that got hella soaked when it rained. So bad the water seeped through and soaked my covers, my 'mattress' and made me feel like I won the "Bed Wetter of the Year" award twice over.

2nd. 6 of us cramped into one, and on this fateful day of camping I came down with a nasty flu. When we got to the grounds I was chipper and felt like a million dollars, a couple hours later we were playing ball and I started to feel it. Later that night... SOMEHOW, I ended up on the upper most corner of the camper, and was so sickly I had to get up like 10 different times, each time carefully crawling over people and exiting. 'Till finally I reached the point of redundancy, and salvaged the dying campfire and gave up the idea of sleep. THANK THE GODS this campground had a public shower. I must have taken 3 hours worth of showers that night just to keep my sinus's clear. Breaking only to go sit by the fire.
(12-09-2016, 07:21 PM)On3. Wrote: [ -> ]Never slept in an RV. Not that popular in my country, I don't even think I've saw one.
It could be fun going to the woods with an RV but tents for the win.
Sometimes I enjoy sleeping in a tent more than sleeping in my own bed.

Relly love those long nights sitting by the campfire, cooking food on sticks, getting drunk, singing with friends, the next mornings when you're hungover but the air is so good you sober up in half an hour.

Damn it Lerk, now I want to go camping but it's winter.  ;(

Winter camping is a whole different animal, but just as rewarding if you survive it.
(12-09-2016, 08:24 PM)Adam Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely tents. Though, I'd settle for a horror movie-esque cabin as well.

Around these here parts pop-up campers are really popular. Because we live in the frozen north, everyone and their mother's drive trucks and goes camping. It only makes sense to haul one around for ease. Me, personally, I had a rather nightmarish time in a pop-up camper once and do not want to relive it. Actually, two separate nightmarish times.

1st. Thunderstorms. We had an older one that got hella soaked when it rained. So bad the water seeped through and soaked my covers, my 'mattress' and made me feel like I won the "Bed Wetter of the Year" award twice over.

2nd. 6 of us cramped into one, and on this fateful day of camping I came down with a nasty flu. When we got to the grounds I was chipper and felt like a million dollars, a couple hours later we were playing ball and I started to feel it. Later that night... SOMEHOW, I ended up on the upper most corner of the camper, and was so sickly I had to get up like 10 different times, each time carefully crawling over people and exiting. 'Till finally I reached the point of redundancy, and salvaged the dying campfire and gave up the idea of sleep. THANK THE GODS this campground had a public shower. I must have taken 3 hours worth of showers that night just to keep my sinus's clear. Breaking only to go sit by the fire.

That sounds like a steaming pile of shit man.
Hopefully your camping adventures are a bit more pleasant overall than those pop tent nightmares.
A good quality four person tent with 1-2 people sleeping in it is ideal and awesome.
And I always make a big tarp tent over my actual tent to keep the rain/dew/whatever from settling on everything.
I prefer to build my own shelter, preferably a lean to shelter. However I do use tents especially when its too late or too cold to efficiently build a shelter.

Lean to shelters in winter are amazing though.
I prefer a RV because I hate insects.
Pages: 1 2