Forum Authority

Full Version: Hearthstone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody on the forum play Hearthstone at all? I bet at least one of you does.

My wife and I play pretty much every day, both against each other and randoms online. We're, I dunno, semi-casuals. We don't like using the decks that are pre-built and set up online for easy wins, and we don't buy cards, but we've both been playing long enough that we have fair decks in play and can hold our own against experienced players pretty well. 

I'd be hard pressed to choose a favourite class, but Warrior seems to take the cake at the moment. I absolutely love nailing people early with an Enrage deck that works out well. Shaman Murloc decks are quite fun, too, so long as you get plenty of the little creeps in your early draw, though a single all-hitting card can really take the wind out of your sails. Rogue Pirate is gaining traction thanks to Cannons, but I've had a few rounds where I don't draw either of my two Cannons, and that gets really vexing.
I've played it a little but then quit early on. I mean it's fun for a bit but after a while the game just feels like a grind to get better cards and the feel reminds me of P2W on certain aspects. To me it's just something to mess around with once in a while but not something I would invest my time and effort into in the long run.
I have played some but I really suck at it. Got away from playing it after getting beaten time after time.
I play it on and off really. its a really fun game from time to time but i just get bored after a few matches. Its fun to fuck around on with your friends thought. Stuff liking making huge comebacks and using funny cards against eachother is really i personally really enjoy the new random gamemodes for that!
At one point in time, I enjoyed Hearthstone. When it came out it was new and fresh, and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I think I played it practically religiously for about a month, then I realized what a disadvantage I was at. The problem with Hearthstone is that you HAVE to buy cards to get the really good ones you'd need to create a deck that even really stands a chance against a lot of the other decks. Especially if you played ranked, or anything like that.
I haven't played Hearthstone since. Not because I wouldn't spend money on it(I believe in supporting games and the companies that create them, so they can continue, and have been a big Blizzard fan for a long time now) but because I didn't like just how much you really had to spend just to do ANYTHING that would get you anywhere. It's also complete chance what cards you'll draw. I don't like those odds.
(12-17-2015, 11:29 PM)Maelalove Wrote: [ -> ]At one point in time, I enjoyed Hearthstone. When it came out it was new and fresh, and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I think I played it practically religiously for about a month, then I realized what a disadvantage I was at. The problem with Hearthstone is that you HAVE to buy cards to get the really good ones you'd need to create a deck that even really stands a chance against a lot of the other decks. Especially if you played ranked, or anything like that.
I haven't played Hearthstone since. Not because I wouldn't spend money on it(I believe in supporting games and the companies that create them, so they can continue, and have been a big Blizzard fan for a long time now) but because I didn't like just how much you really had to spend just to do ANYTHING that would get you anywhere. It's also complete chance what cards you'll draw. I don't like those odds.

You don't have to buy cards. I've given up on Hearthstone since I made this thread, but I played and won ranked games all the time without spending a single dollar on the game. Buying packs and adventures straight up just takes a lot less time, because it takes a while to earn up enough gold to make purchases, especially if you're buying the various iterations of an adventure path.
(12-18-2015, 02:46 AM)SLTE Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2015, 11:29 PM)Maelalove Wrote: [ -> ]At one point in time, I enjoyed Hearthstone. When it came out it was new and fresh, and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I think I played it practically religiously for about a month, then I realized what a disadvantage I was at. The problem with Hearthstone is that you HAVE to buy cards to get the really good ones you'd need to create a deck that even really stands a chance against a lot of the other decks. Especially if you played ranked, or anything like that.

You don't have to buy cards. I've given up on Hearthstone since I made this thread, but I played and won ranked games all the time without spending a single dollar on the game. Buying packs and adventures straight up just takes a lot less time, because it takes a while to earn up enough gold to make purchases, especially if you're buying the various iterations of an adventure path.
Time is money, in my opinion. I get what you're saying, but it took a very long time to get anything worthwhile. Yea, there were packs for gold but stuff like legendaries you were lucky to get, and crafting them took a ridiculous amount of time and effort, as well. I've won ranked games too, but I think I only got to 10 before I was like yep nope this is not worth my time.