Forum Authority

Full Version: Big Sur, CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have any of you guys been to Big Sur, CA? It's located towards the northern part of California, I believe about an hour or so from Monterrey. It's just a huge outdoor diamond, and I can't believe it's basically in my backyard (not actually but I mean still capable of doing a day trip if needed haha.)

I don't have any pictures right now of when I went camping there over summer, but man was it gorgeous. We went on a few hikes there however the ones we wanted to go to were closed down due to the forest fire that happened about a week or maybe even less before we left, but we still had our fun!

For those who don't know where or what it looks like, take a look at a few pictures I found online that helped inspire the trip ~

This is a very common landmark bridge that a lot of people photograph. I actually drove on here with friends. There is a hiking trail if you were to take a right, right before you get on the bridge I believe. However the place was packed since everyone went there instead of the other areas of the park due to the fire. The second image shows the part where it starts to decline into another part of the area, as you can see from across the bridge it starts leading down on the side of the mountain. This one is also a much wanted getaway spot, McWay Falls. However it was closed down due to the fire. This was our top vacation spot as well as the Limelklin (not sure how it's spelled) trail which led to waterfall. This was one of the trails we went on instead and were amazed to find out there was actually waterfall there. However it was off-course but we weren't too concerned about that. It was a bit hard to get there since you had to wade in the water and then use the poles provided to climb your way up the rocks as they were laid out horizontal connecting the sides to another, much like a bridge but it wasn't wide enough to just walk on top of. The water was super cold but it was also super refreshing being in freshwater as opposed to saltwater. Not crazy though, some dude jumped off from the top and he claimed it hurt, haha. This was also another stop we went on up there in Big Sur. Despite it's name, there was a lack of sand dollars, sadly. Anyways, if any of you guys are in California or visit California and love being in the outdoors and recommend this place 100%!
I almost reported this post for spam until I seen it was by an actual user lol. It just seemed like it at first. I'll have to visit i'm not too far from there, but usually don't take trips.
Looks very beautiful  Hehe
Looks pretty ballin, but I've never been there sadly.
I want to climb everything I see in every picture I've seen of Big Sur though.