Forum Authority

Full Version: Your Most Obscure Sony Console Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a game for PlayStation 2 called X-Men: Next Dimension.  Most people have no idea what I am talking about when I tell them about it.  Do you have any games like that?  It could be for any Sony Console, not just PS2.
I have a bucketload of obscure PS1 / PS2 games from my days working at Wal-Mart, all from the bargain bin. It's hard not to buy cheap video games when they're dirt cheap and staring you in the face all day. Some are so obscure that I can't even remember what they are off the top of my head, but one does come to mind: a PS1 remake of Blaster Master. I tried it, like, once, and recall it being rather awful.
(01-08-2016, 10:31 AM)SLTE Wrote: [ -> ]I have a bucketload of obscure PS1 / PS2 games from my days working at Wal-Mart, all from the bargain bin. It's hard not to buy cheap video games when they're dirt cheap and staring you in the face all day. Some are so obscure that I can't even remember what they are off the top of my head, but one does come to mind: a PS1 remake of Blaster Master. I tried it, like, once, and recall it being rather awful.

Yeah, some of those game were pretty terrible. :P Do you remember any that you liked?  Liking a game isn't necessary for this thread; I'm just curious.
This is not that big of an unknown, but it is among my favorite PS2 games. It's called Stuntman: Ignition and you basically control a Hollywood stuntman during scenes. You have to go through something of an obstacle course while hitting all the spots like there are places where an explosion is scheduled to go off and you get points deducted if you miss that place. It's a great fun even though it lacks in the story department.
I've never heard about it, even though I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to weird PS2 games :D

One of my fave obscure PS2 titles is The Dog Island. It's a game for kids and people young at heart which is a mix of Zelda and Animal Crossing.

It's based on the The Dog Artist Collection franchise. It's really well made. Too bad that few people heard about it.
(01-08-2016, 11:46 AM)AceTy31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2016, 10:31 AM)SLTE Wrote: [ -> ]I have a bucketload of obscure PS1 / PS2 games from my days working at Wal-Mart, all from the bargain bin. It's hard not to buy cheap video games when they're dirt cheap and staring you in the face all day. Some are so obscure that I can't even remember what they are off the top of my head, but one does come to mind: a PS1 remake of Blaster Master. I tried it, like, once, and recall it being rather awful.

Yeah, some of those game were pretty terrible. :P Do you remember any that you liked?  Liking a game isn't necessary for this thread; I'm just curious.

I think the only game I snagged out of the bargain bin that I really liked was Psychonauts, for the PS2. Came in a two-pack with something utterly forgettable, in that I honestly don't remember what the other game was. It's been long enough that I barely remember how Psychonauts works, but I remember it being fun. 

My greatest coup from that discount bin was Grim Fandango for the PC. I took my victories where I got 'em.
A game called croc. It's stupid as shit and I think it was meant to revitalize the console mascot market for Sony products. Clearly it didn't work, but you know, they did try.
Rat Attack! I remember playing this game like once or twice.
(01-10-2016, 08:26 PM)PingPongCall Wrote: [ -> ]A game called croc. It's stupid as shit and I think it was meant to revitalize the console mascot market for Sony products. Clearly it didn't work, but you know, they did try.

Is this about a crocodile saving Gobbos? Because if yes, it had A LOT of fans on PC. I think that it was released on PC first and converted to PS2.
I played the first one and enjoyed it, though it was years ago and I was a kid :)
(01-11-2016, 09:55 AM)Elfprincess Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016, 08:26 PM)PingPongCall Wrote: [ -> ]A game called croc. It's stupid as shit and I think it was meant to revitalize the console mascot market for Sony products. Clearly it didn't work, but you know, they did try.

Is this about a crocodile saving Gobbos? Because if yes, it had A LOT of fans on PC. I think that it was released on PC first and converted to PS2.
I played the first one and enjoyed it, though it was years ago and I was a kid :)

Yeah, that's the one. God that game was so god damn weird. I did enjoy it though, but looking back on it, I can only be left to wonder what was wrong with me at the time.
Pages: 1 2