Forum Authority

Full Version: Facebook Tool Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
I was thinking about writing a small program that will allow you to do the following:

Version 1.0:
- Add a name and search for people with that name
- The tool will generate a PDF which will contain the following:
- Profile Picture
- Profile Name
- Profile Link
- Another 2 profile pictures if the profile isn't private
- All information about the profile if the profile isn't private

It will basically index all the people that show up if you'd search for that name on Facebook. This will make looking for people a lot easier especially if you only know their First Name.

In Version 2.0 I want to add the ability to advance search by adding a hometown, current location,college, high school, etc.

The idea came to me when I started talking to random girls at parties and forgot to ask for a contact information and I was stuck with just a name and I was waisting a lot of time trying to find them on Facebook.

Did you ever find yourself in the position where you would have used a tool like?
Would you ever use a tool like this if you'd want to find somebody?
Do you think it would be worth investing time to write something like this?

inb4 facebook is old you piece of shit
I don't think it's worth your time making this.

Great idea though but not worth it...

Who uses facebook anyways :x
(12-19-2016, 04:29 PM)Received Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's worth your time making this.

Great idea though but not worth it...

Who uses facebook anyways :x

You crazy? The general public uses Facebook all day, one of the biggest apps on mobile phones (Which is where they get most of their traffic). If this idea is for dox profiles it's just a nice way to display the information, probably not that hard to create as a home project.
I mean it's highly possible, but like they said, I wouldn't waste my time on doing this.  Nobody uses Facebook anymore, but I'd see where something for Twitter would come to play, and probably Instagram as well, I'd love to see a tool made for Instagram, or even Twitter.

Nonetheless, if that's what you're wanting to do, then do it, but I wouldn't :p.
[Image: PI_2016.11.11_Social-Media-Update_0-01.png]

Numbers don't lie. (obviously I don't stand by that photo but facebook is the social media giant)

Most adults use Facebook. Also all Social Media is shit.
Just because people you know don't use Facebook it doesn't mean that nobody else does.
I have FB Tumblr twitter Google plus Instagram and many ohers. I find most of them are oer ridden with spam adds and the erge to make one self popular by how many friends you have. But I believe FB is still the best of them all and I am most engaged by FB. I also have been in your spot and believe many others have to. It a brilliant idea.