Forum Authority

Full Version: Star Wars: Battlefront
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to play Star Wars: Battlefront a few weeks ago, but now I play Fallout 4. You can find my review of Fallout 4 here, but this thread is all about Star Wars: Battlefront!

Pros
  • Great Graphics
    This game has the best graphics compared to almost every game I have played except Battlefield 4, and on PC with the "Real Life" mod the graphics are really amazing.
  • Balanced Weapons
    I have not experienced any weapons that are considerably OP compared to other weapons. This is unlike many other games where there always seem to be a couple guns that just outdo all others. This also includes vehicles as well. Never really had any vehicle not be able to beat the other, it all comes down to skill.

Cons
  • Personal Shield
    The Personal Shield lasts way longer than it should in my opinion. It's pretty long lasting, and is being used way to much. This is really the only OP thing that I've saw in the game.

Ratings
Graphics - 10/10
Music - 10/10
Content - 10/10
Controls - 10/10

Overall Rating
10/10
Are you serious with that 10/10 for content? this games only saving graces are it's tight, responsive controls and the mind searing graphics. As for content, there almost isn't any, that's why its complete **** that they expect you to pay $560 for the DLC season pass just to get the rest of the game they couldn't finish in time.
(01-03-2016, 07:10 PM)PingPongCall Wrote: [ -> ]Are you serious with that 10/10 for content? this games only saving graces are it's tight, responsive controls and the mind searing graphics. As for content, there almost isn't any, that's why its complete **** that they expect you to pay $560 for the DLC season pass just to get the rest of the game they couldn't finish in time.

Well, what I meant by content here is stuff like, weapons, "power-ups", and character customization.
The personal shield isn't a Con, because when you activate it, it doesn't allow you to shoot anybody as it blocks it.
So I would use the personal shield as a get away weapon, but it's also weak against explosives or projectiles.

The only OP weapon I've come across was the DL-44.
The DL-44 is the second strongest weapon in-game and has a medium fire rate.
Smaller scale battles on Tattoine and the Rebel base on Hoth are a perfect example of the DL-44’s power. It’s absurdly easy to dodge the long range fights and stick to the trenches and caves, and even the more incompetent aimers will be able to easily pick up kills with two body shots (and if you’re using the third-person camera, you’ll get a further advantage with the extra reaction time of being able to see above/around the corner). I believe the DL-44 is OP and needs to be nerfed or fixed.
(01-07-2016, 10:20 PM)Cosmorider Wrote: [ -> ]The personal shield isn't a Con, because when you activate it, it doesn't allow you to shoot anybody as it blocks it.
So I would use the personal shield as a get away weapon, but it's also weak against explosives or projectiles.

The only OP weapon I've come across was the DL-44.
The DL-44 is the second strongest weapon in-game and has a medium fire rate.
Smaller scale battles on Tattoine and the Rebel base on Hoth are a perfect example of the DL-44’s power. It’s absurdly easy to dodge the long range fights and stick to the trenches and caves, and even the more incompetent aimers will be able to easily pick up kills with two body shots (and if you’re using the third-person camera, you’ll get a further advantage with the extra reaction time of being able to see above/around the corner). I believe the DL-44 is OP and needs to be nerfed or fixed.

Yes, but the DL-44 is a "paid" weapon basically. As to receive you must have bought the season pass. So I can see why it would be OP, it's called marketing.
It's been a few weeks now and I still can't accept this as being a decent game.....I fucking hate it.