Forum Authority

Full Version: Finebros shitty REACTWORLD announcement.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A cringe filled video indeed. I initially saw the announcement through another YouTuber expressing his distaste towards this new approach.

Of course, we all know that they wish to make more money than they already do, and this is their method for doing so.

Honestly, what did they expect to happen? For people to welcome this horrible idea with open arms?
Wow. Listening to the update video, I believe they don't deserve all that subscriber loss. I see how it would seem like a bad thing, but I see it as a pretty nice thing. Honestly I think they're really trying to help. Sure, it may seem as if they're trying to make money, but hey I would do the same. Most if not all of their money comes from YouTube so I would want to make money off that project as well.
(01-31-2016, 08:58 PM)hype Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Listening to the update video, I believe they don't deserve all that subscriber loss. I see how it would seem like a bad thing, but I see it as a pretty nice thing. Honestly I think they're really trying to help. Sure, it may seem as if they're trying to make money, but hey I would do the same. Most if not all of their money comes from YouTube so I would want to make money off that project as well.

It's just that they want to trademark something that is seen as a general topic: reaction videos.  And while this may give some of the people who post on their website publicity, the Fine Brothers are still making money on content they never created.  That's the main reason subscribers are bailing out.  Even with these huge losses, they still have more subs than I'll ever have. XD
(01-31-2016, 10:49 PM)Luna Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2016, 08:58 PM)hype Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. Listening to the update video, I believe they don't deserve all that subscriber loss. I see how it would seem like a bad thing, but I see it as a pretty nice thing. Honestly I think they're really trying to help. Sure, it may seem as if they're trying to make money, but hey I would do the same. Most if not all of their money comes from YouTube so I would want to make money off that project as well.

It's just that they want to trademark something that is seen as a general topic: reaction videos.  And while this may give some of the people who post on their website publicity, the Fine Brothers are still making money on content they never created.  That's the main reason subscribers are bailing out.  Even with these huge losses, they still have more subs than I'll ever have. XD

That's another part where you're misinterpreting it. They are not trademarking the video TYPE just their videos. So if someone used clips from their videos or just took their whole video then they can take it down. They are not trying to trademark that kind of video as a whole.
(01-31-2016, 11:06 PM)hype Wrote: [ -> ]

That's another part where you're misinterpreting it. They are not trademarking the video TYPE just their videos. So if someone used clips from their videos or just took their whole video then they can take it down. They are not trying to trademark that kind of video as a whole.
Hm, I would agree with you, but they have malicious intents because in their announcement they explicitly state that they are also targeting people who are "blatantly" stealing their format.  Masses of subscribers are leaving because no where in their video do they specifically explain in detail of what their "format" actually is. 

This is scary because down the line, someone could make the a simple reaction video but then have it taken down by the Fine Brothers if it vaguely resembles their aforementioned "format."

It's just a bad time to introduce this idea when Sony wanted to copyright "Let's Plays" on top of the fact that the copyright system of YouTube sucks so much.  A bit disheartening when others want to take advantage of it.

Here are other points:

(02-01-2016, 12:33 AM)Luna Wrote: [ -> ]

-snip-
Here are other points:

Yes, I agree, they did go a bit to far as well as left some grey area. But I can also see their side as well. This is honestly one of those things I'd rather stay neutral on.
(02-01-2016, 01:06 AM)hype Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2016, 12:33 AM)Luna Wrote: [ -> ]

-snip-
Here are other points:

Yes, I agree, they did go a bit to far as well as left some grey area. But I can also see their side as well. This is honestly one of those things I'd rather stay neutral on.

Well, it's a bit hard to stay neutral when they introduce an idea that can go south very quickly.  

I hope they see through for a recourse soon, since they had 15 millions subscribers, but are now down to 13 million.
LOL THEY REMOVED THE VIDEO XD