Forum Authority

Full Version: Proposal to change awards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, So I feel like the 'awards' system is old and overused by many forums nowadays. I still like them for small little features like we have now, but I feel as if the site should move away from the whole thing and simply use "Group Images" for awards to show things like Admin's, Mod's & Other award type badges. I very rough design of the kind of badges we could possibly use, as the current ones seem blocky and dont match the current theme. 

[Image: 3c54440af614e25ae9d9b3302cfa5a9a.png]

It looks very odd as the 166x56 size currently used it awkward to work with (its also a draft). I think we could shift some of the awards like Sir Twisted's personal award over to images to display for users instead of the generic "Member" image. Here's a few that I use on my own forum:

[Image: admin.png]
[Image: mod.png]
[Image: dev.png]
[Image: ts.png]
[Image: reviewer.png]

You get the idea. Instead of using awards simply move them towards images, or even keep the awards feature and instead of little images, use badges :) 
So, whats your thoughts on this?
Technically we already have this. Awards is basically little small icons symbolising certain achievements through image. For the badge we already have group categorised ones displayed above user information in posts and on profiles.
(01-03-2017, 07:24 PM)Sir Twisted Wrote: [ -> ]Technically we already have this. Awards is basically little small icons symbolising certain achievements through image. For the badge we already have group categorised ones displayed above user information in posts and on profiles.

I know :) They could do with a revamp tho in my opinion. They look very old and blocky, I'm proposing for them to be changed and more awards to be added. Maybe use a badge image for awards too like say the user can set a primary award and the badge image would be the badge image for that award, if you get what I mean
I get what you mean however badge awards are currently used as user group bars/rank images. However depending on what group you are in you do have the ability to set the display of your choice for instance if you were a moderator, administrator and upgraded member you will have the choice between the three to display which bar. The current options between Awards will be either implementing more or changing all Awards to flat icons too match the theme. The groups are designed to be something bigger than awards and being able to easily change your group image with an award badge would defeat that purpose that's why we have set the ability to display all obtained Awards as well as your primary user group.
I'm for the revamping of the awards. For that I suggest you have a clean, vectored image rather than the current ones which do look quite sloppy/unpolished.

Although, are we supposed to see them on the postbit? If we are, I'm not able to see them.
They should also be uniform, not all different. If you pick a style, stick with it for all of them. For example, you should stick with type of style with the facebook and the twitter awards.

As for the group images, they're fine as is.
(01-03-2017, 07:48 PM)Silence Wrote: [ -> ]I'm for the revamping of the awards. For that I suggest you have a clean, vectored image rather than the current ones which do look quite sloppy/unpolished.

Although, are we supposed to see them on the postbit? If we are, I'm not able to see them.
They should also be uniform, not all different. If you pick a style, stick with it for all of them. For example, you should stick with type of style with the facebook and the twitter awards.

As for the group images, they're fine as is.

If you are browsing on a mobile unfortunately I have not gotten enough time to implement them yet.