Forum Authority

Full Version: SSDs vs. HDDs - Yahoo Tech
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone,

A very good reading about SSDs versus HDDs.

This article explains the differences between the 2 types of storage technology.

This will assist you in deciding to either build a computer with all SSDs or all HDDs or a combination of both.

Read on...

SSDs vs. HDDs - Yahoo Tech
SSD’s are faster especially when it comes to smaller files (Yes this means forums run a ton faster on SSD’s) but the extra speed is not always worth it when it comes to larger files. This is because SSD’s cost more and will often wear out faster than a Hard Drive.
I hope this clear something’s up for you.
(03-10-2017, 12:49 PM)thebestofthebest Wrote: [ -> ]SSD’s are faster especially when it comes to smaller files (Yes this means forums run a ton faster on SSD’s) but the extra speed is not always worth it when it comes to larger files. This is because SSD’s cost more and will often wear out faster than a Hard Drive.
I hope this clear something’s up for you.

Hi, how's a SSD wear out faster than a Harddrive? The drive is solid vs the drive is spinning.

The solid one will not be affected significantly by time. I agree with the price/performance of an SSD (not worth it sometimes) but it's the future. Look if you don't like SSD, think twice and have a, let's say the mininum storage, 128GB just for running OS. You'll find some new experiences with the solid drive (in case of your RAM and chip do their job well) handling your windows files that you can never get by using HDD. Period.