Forum Authority

Full Version: COVID-19 activities or hobbies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a really simple question for the community. What has everyone been doing during this Covid-19 isolation.
Good questions. Mines has currently being 3D printing, working on this forum and watching movies
Browsing the internet, ringing around to explain my inavailability to pay bills during the covid-19 outbreak (Boris shut the UK down, promised us 80% pay, but few days later, I got my p45 and termination letter from my employers).

I'm also gaming alot now too.
(04-16-2020, 11:51 PM)Daddy Wrote: [ -> ]Browsing the internet, ringing around to explain my inavailability to pay bills during the covid-19 outbreak (Boris shut the UK down, promised us 80% pay, but few days later, I got my p45 and termination letter from my employers).

Surely can't be legal to terminate during this time.
I'm spending most of my time writing term papers. There's quite a lot of work connected to my studies right now, with exam season in May. Other than that I'm spending quite a lot of time online, and spending more time than usual on cooking.
(04-17-2020, 05:53 AM)Sir Twisted Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2020, 11:51 PM)Daddy Wrote: [ -> ]Browsing the internet, ringing around to explain my inavailability to pay bills during the covid-19 outbreak (Boris shut the UK down, promised us 80% pay, but few days later, I got my p45 and termination letter from my employers).

Surely can't be legal to terminate during this time.

That's what we all thought, but I only work seasonal (March - November) and hadn't signed my contract yet, mind you, those who had signed were also terminated. I only just got promoted to bar supervisor aswell. Don't know if I'll go back to them when it's over or not yet, i'll see how I feel.. not the only ones, the theme park across from us was opening that weekend, so they never got to open, the staff were all given p45s there and then.. least I got atleast 2 weeks pay.