Forum Authority
Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - Printable Version

+- Forum Authority (https://forumauthority.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://forumauthority.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (https://forumauthority.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? (/thread-3588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - shilpa123 - 08-16-2014

People all over the world listen to music of different kinds. I think it is a very bad to judge people based on what they listen to. One of my friends loves all kinds of rock and punk music, however, she is the sweetest among all my friends. She loves doing the same thing what every other person does and mingles well with everyone. People just have different tastes, hence I prefer not to judge by what they usually listen to.

RE: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - Spartan - 08-16-2014

I agree, I listen to a lot of drill rap but I'm not a violent person.

RE: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - Logic - 08-17-2014

Not at all. I could care less what music people listen to honestly!

RE: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - jurew2 - 08-18-2014

I never judge a person just by looking at them and that includes what kind of music they listen to. People are usually normal to talk to and they may surprise you by their actions because you though they had a different personality of what you're seeing right now, because they listen to a certain type of music. To judge someone based on what kind of music they listent to is for me similar as the stereotype based judgement.

RE: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - Gold - 08-18-2014

The music someone listens to tells a lot about themself.

RE: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - Bella - 08-19-2014

You should never judge anyone, though we may have preconceptions based on how they look, age, what they like etc. I always try to be fair.
As for music, people can like a variety of genres; some classic, rock or jazz. Personally I love The Doors, but I think Ennio Morricone who does many of the famous film scores is a genius.

RE: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - The Goonies - 08-19-2014

You should never judge someone over anything tbh.
And i totally agree with you.

RE: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - DeadPool - 08-19-2014

I never judge anyone by the music, I mean that would be ridiculous.

RE: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - centrino - 09-05-2014

I may not agree with the music they listen to, but judging them based on it is shallowness and indeed ridiculous. If trivial things like one's choice of music can shake our impression on a person, then it means that our community, schools and families failed in teaching us well. I don't believe in first impression. I have also been misjudged for than once because of my preference in music.

RE: Do you judge people based on what kind of music they listen? - akasha24 - 09-06-2014

I think it's even wrong to judge people in general. I think that only people who are perfect would have the right to judge others, but perfect people don't exist, so that's that. No, I never judge anyone based on what music they like or listen to. My mom thinks that the type of music one listens to, tells a lot about the person. I agree and disagree with that statement. Let's say someone listens to hard rock or metal. Does that make them aggressive? I don't think that's necessarily true. I like it and I'm a very emotional person. Just because a guy listens to for example: Beyoncé or Whitney Houston does not make him gay. The point is, judging someone based on what they listen to is silly. Everybody has their favorite type of music they listen to, I may not like it, we may not have the same taste, but I definitely don't judge.