Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Silent Storm™
Loneliness - A Short Film
I'd appreciate if you all could check out my short film, leave a comment and like if you can. Thanks so much :)

First of all, if you recorded and put it all together, awesome job. Making a short film is difficult. The voice over was awesome, script was good. Keep in mind this is all my opinions, I am not a fan of the color grading, instead of green, blue would have helped reflect the mood better.

Edit: I also noticed some noise from your audio, what program do you use for your audio? Try getting rid of the background noise, if you are using audacity get the noise profile of an large area of silence and remove the noise from the whole audio. If I look a little closer I feel some of the shots could have been framed a little better. I know you are in public so its a bit awkward for you and the people around you, maybe if I saw another film you made I could judge that instead. Music was a good choice, nice, slow and conveyed the right emotion.

Quick question what was rate of frame while recording?

Keep doing what you are doing, I loved watching it and left a like.

Edit edit: The thumbnail is awesome as well.
I appreciate your response, I do agree to making the color grade better for next video, thanks for the feedback :)

I used my voice recorder on Windows, but used a Blue Yeti to record audio. I do feel like I can make it better for next time and fix it up in audacity. And for the clips, they some were from a different video I recorded for a feeding the homeless video which is not up yet, I do feel like I can get better shots for next time, I'm glad you saw that :) The frame also might look a little off because the black bars cut off the video on the top and bottom. I use a Sony a35x, not usually used for recording so it was filmed in 29.99 fps I believe.
(12-24-2016, 04:05 PM)Silent Stormâ„¢ Wrote: I used my voice recorder on Windows, but used a Blue Yeti to record audio.

You should try Audacity. It's free and easy to use, especially for removing background noise. Just look up tutorials on YouTube.

Other than the sound quality I loved it.
[Image: QDcxlgI.png?1]
I use Audacity for other videos, I guess I just didn't decide to for this one, haha thanks tho!
Great work on creating this short film. I have to say you put the video really well. Congratulations on creating your first short film, I'm assuming.
Was pretty interesting to watch ;)

The green was a little 2 much for me though. Although keep going!
It was indeed my first film, the reasoning for the green was because of the green tint on the windows of the train.
I'd love if forum authority members could check this out and maybe leave a comment and like, thanks.
[1] The camera is far too shaky, next time when filming you should find somewhere to 'mount' it. Whether by tripod or otherwise.
[2] Your voice over. It was fairly alright, but needs heavy editing. We can tell exactly where you come in based on the 'clicking' when you open your mouth. Also try to filter out any other noise with a program.
[3] Your fonts for the words were alright though you could have searched a bit more. You should also try to make them contrast more. You could also cut into the next scene by the word on a black screen for a couple of seconds while you narrate then jump to the next film.
[4] When editing the video, what I think you could have done is in some of the frames do a gradual slowing progression before jumping to normal speed. That'll give the feeling of 'time slowing down around them.'
[5] Your voice needs to be brought down and given less of a pronounced presence. Try to make it a bit dimmer, darker and give it a feeling of 'loneliness'.

Look at another short film, something like ReMoved. It's extremely heart wrenching in my opinion. Watch how they did transitions, when they slow the footage, when they resume normal speed. Watch when they try to give their voice a presence and learn.

[Image: fyuAgEq.jpg]
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register