Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Naiwen
Xenforo vs IPB?
Which do you prefer between these 2 and why? I hands down prefer Xenforo over IPB. Maybe it's because I never used it's admin or mod panel.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
Xenforo, it's much more user friendly and more ways for customization.
<br>
(09-18-2016, 07:28 AM)Suraf Wrote: Xenforo, it's much more user friendly and more ways for customization.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention their user-friendliness. I like it too because of their easy-to-use interface.
Honestly: They both suck.

XenForo is only popular because of its' lawsuit with vBullsh-- err, vBulletin. It's been installed on a lot of forums and I will now religiously add them to my hosts files as 127.0.0.1, because really, I hate it as a software to use both as an Admin and as a user. It's too... there's too much Javascript.

IPB dropped the ball with 4.0, there could be so many enhancements made to its frontend - and I can't bring myself to use it, so I can't talk about the backend.

Seriously, this is the reason I made my own software; nothing on the market did what I wanted it to.
(09-20-2016, 10:58 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: Honestly: They both suck.

XenForo is only popular because of its' lawsuit with vBullsh-- err, vBulletin. It's been installed on a lot of forums and I will now religiously add them to my hosts files as 127.0.0.1, because really, I hate it as a software to use both as an Admin and as a user. It's too... there's too much Javascript.

IPB dropped the ball with 4.0, there could be so many enhancements made to its frontend - and I can't bring myself to use it, so I can't talk about the backend.

Seriously, this is the reason I made my own software; nothing on the market did what I wanted it to.

Very interesting to hear you're using your own software. I'd be intrigued to see some screenshots of the backend (ACP, MCP etc) if you'd be willing to share (though ofc, I totally understand if not).

I also agree with IPB4, I was expecting far more than what was delivered. The end product was poor.
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
(09-21-2016, 06:13 PM)katos Wrote:

Very interesting to hear you're using your own software. I'd be intrigued to see some screenshots of the backend (ACP, MCP etc) if you'd be willing to share (though ofc, I totally understand if not).

I also agree with IPB4, I was expecting far more than what was delivered. The end product was poor.

I've never used that version of it, so I can't say anything about it.

I'm currently re-developing it as there is no real admin panel. Mod tools are inline, like XenFail's, but we don't actually delete things.
(09-22-2016, 12:25 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote:

I'm currently re-developing it as there is no real admin panel. Mod tools are inline, like XenFail's, but we don't actually delete things.

This does sound very interesting. Hope to hear more!
<br>
Of the two, I prefer XenForo. Their administrator interface takes some getting used to, but quite a lot of it is well thought out. Unfortunately their default theme has always looked rubbish. There are a lot of people making custom and pre-made themes for it though, many of which look great (such as the guys at Audentio and Pixel Exit).

IPB have a lot of nice features, but I feel they spread themselves a bit thin by trying to support all of the many products they have. IPB 4 was promising, but doesn't seem to have taken off in the way I was kind of expecting.

Of all the paid software, Woltlab is currently the most interesting to me. Much cheaper to run, most of the most wanted features and the developers seem very responsive to user feedback.
[Image: BIf47zQ.gif]
(09-24-2016, 08:26 AM)euan Wrote: Of the two, I prefer XenForo. Their administrator interface takes some getting used to, but quite a lot of it is well thought out. Unfortunately their default theme has always looked rubbish. There are a lot of people making custom and pre-made themes for it though, many of which look great (such as the guys at Audentio and Pixel Exit).

IPB have a lot of nice features, but I feel they spread themselves a bit thin by trying to support all of the many products they have. IPB 4 was promising, but doesn't seem to have taken off in the way I was kind of expecting.

Of all the paid software, Woltlab is currently the most interesting to me. Much cheaper to run, most of the most wanted features and the developers seem very responsive to user feedback.

I agree, WoltLab is indeed very interesting. It's one that I follow closely.
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register