Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Venvasion
500 Million Yahoo Accounts Hacked
Yahoo revealed that at least half a billion of its users were hacked from a 2014 leak.The breach exposed up to 500 million accounts’ names, email addresses, phone numbers, date of births, and in some cases, security questions and answers.  Based on the ongoing investigation, Yahoo believes that information associated with at least 500 million user accounts was stolen. The company is working closely with law enforcement on this matter.

[Image: yahoo-hacked.jpg]

The hack first came to light last month. At the time, a company spokesman neither confirmed nor denied the alleged hack. Yahoo users who want to protect their accounts should log in to the website and immediately and reset their passwords

If Yahoo doesn’t prompt you to do so, then visit Yahoo’s Set a new password page and change the password manually. Users can also use Yahoo Account Key, which eschews passwords in favor of using the Yahoo mobile app to turn smartphones into authentication devices.

[Image: Untitled-1-60.jpg]

As you might know, Verizon agreed to buy the company for $4.8 billion in July, but the deal isn’t set to close until the first quarter of 2017. The deal has been seen as a way for Verizon to leverage Yahoo’s massive digital ad sales apparatus and data collection, an ability that could be severely compromised by the hack and expose both companies to liability.
Omg, I hope they recover quickly!
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
<br>
Unfortunately Yahoo also provide email for some ISPs and stuff (such as Sky here in the UK) who are also affected. The worst bit is that they were hacked ages ago and are only just revealing it now.
[Image: BIf47zQ.gif]
(09-24-2016, 08:28 AM)euan Wrote: Unfortunately Yahoo also provide email for some ISPs and stuff (such as Sky here in the UK) who are also affected. The worst bit is that they were hacked ages ago and are only just revealing it now.

Couldn't agree more. They provide the email for BT too (at least the older ones, not sure re the newer accounts) however my parents won't move from Yahoo >,> 
 Sadly the handling of this was attrocious. Plus, Yahoo is attacked almost daily...
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
(09-24-2016, 08:50 AM)katos Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 08:28 AM)euan Wrote: Unfortunately Yahoo also provide email for some ISPs and stuff (such as Sky here in the UK) who are also affected. The worst bit is that they were hacked ages ago and are only just revealing it now.

Couldn't agree more. They provide the email for BT too (at least the older ones, not sure re the newer accounts) however my parents won't move from Yahoo >,> 
 Sadly the handling of this was attrocious. Plus, Yahoo is attacked almost daily...

What? Just informing us about it now? How long ago?
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register