Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Sir Twisted
Thoughts on Windows 10?
I kinda like it, it's not too bad. I must say I prefer Windows 7 over ANY windows version tho. 
However, did you know Windows 10 has lots of hidden features which:
-Record your keystroke's (for "cortana" purposes)
-Track your browser data (for edge improvement)
-Track your location if location services are enabled

There's lots of features kept hidden and set to accept by default. Here's a video by a former Microsoft employee showing the hidden things https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw
I don't use edge  don't use cortana  neither.  My location never changes.
(01-10-2017, 09:54 PM)ArcticWolf Wrote: I don't use edge  don't use cortana  neither.  My location never changes.

It doesn't use just Edge browsing data. It uses ALL browsing data, no matter what browser used.
Same with Cortana, anything searched will be archived and logged within Microsofts database
Only really applies with laptop's
I don't like how they can view and take your privacy without even informing you. I'd rather stick with W7
I think it is quite modern fast and lives up to most of my needs.
(01-11-2017, 10:28 AM)Krados Wrote: I don't like how they can view and take your privacy without even informing you. I'd rather stick with W7

Well it is actually buried within policies that do tell you that they collect data that some would call an intrusion to privacy.
(01-12-2017, 02:33 AM)Senpie Wrote:
(01-11-2017, 10:28 AM)Krados Wrote: I don't like how they can view and take your privacy without even informing you. I'd rather stick with W7

Well it is actually buried within policies that do tell you that they collect data that some would call an intrusion to privacy.

Yes, but literally none of the people noticed it in the policies and terms of service. They only saw it by tweaking into the control panel finding a bar that informs you that they take your information for their work. It's also deeply "transparent" in there.
And there isn't even an option to force the privacy stealing to stop. So yeah.
I've never thought about upgrading to Windows 10.  Personally, I like my computer the way it is so why would I change it?
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register