Thread Contributor: Venvasion
Man Spent 5 Months in Prison. No One Told Him That His Bail Was Only $2
Many people have heard the horror stories of Rikers Island Prison. As one of the country’s most infamous prisons, it has a long proven history of gang violence and corruption there.

[img=710x0]http://www.gamevify.com/wp-content/uploa...island.jpg[/img]

A 41-years-old man from Algeria spent 5 months in one of the scariest prisons in the USA. His bail was set at $25,000, but it later dropped to the whopping 2 dollars. The man was “shocked and dismayed and frustrated” knowing he could have avoided this headache if he had simply received proper communication.

[Image: bail.jpg]

Apparently his lawyer, Stephen Pokart, never told him. And when the prisoner was eventually released, he also missed his arraignment because of a court date mix-up. He was subsequently charged with bail jumping, jailed, and slapped with $30,000 for the officer assault.

GameVify.com

Why was his bail dropped in the first place? o.O
I find this story a little ludicrous! He was eventually slapped with $30,000! :O
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"

(06-08-2016, 09:30 PM)katos Wrote: Why was his bail dropped in the first place? o.O
I find this story a little ludicrous! He was eventually slapped with $30,000! :O

His bail was set to $25,000, but when prosecutors failed to get an indictment he was ordered to be released. But he still had dollar bails set on each of two minor offenses - that included tampering with cash machine and mischief charges. He could've been freed by paying $2.

However now he is going to stay in the prison and his bail was set to $30,000 because he missed the date in which he had to be in court.