Thread Contributor: Venvasion
Lenovo Presented Their Brand New Bendable Phone
At TechWorld , Lenovo quickly unveiled a couple of fascinating concept devices with working prototypes.  One of the prototypes was a really cool bendable phone. It was shown off via an audience plant in the form of screenwriter and producer Meghan McCarthy, who stood up during the presentation snapped the phone onto her wrist.

[img=710x0]http://www.gamevify.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/lenovo-flexible_01.jpg[/img]

She also showcased the Lenovo Folio, which morphs from a full tablet design into a usable smartphone.

According to Lenovo’s CTO Peter Hortensius, the devices shown off are merely concepts and aren’t fully functional yet. Hortensius does state that in order for a phone to truly bend, it would need things like a battery and a motherboard that can bend.

I actually saw this, looks good and the concept could have some very practical uses.
Personally, I would love to see the ability to have a business-card sized device fold out into a fully pledged tablet-sized device. This could be great, and would have a lot of applications.

If they could perfect the bending, one could also use it in screens so that they can take more of a battering without smashing or shattering. This can be used across phones, laptops, tablets, etc.

I would however, not considering buying from Lenovo (personally, ofc).
The following 1 user Likes katos's post: Venvasion
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"