Thread Contributor: Naiwen
Wober got hacked!
I heard Wober got hacked and the hacker sent a mass e-mail to all members that the site will be closing down. I've got the hacker's email myself. One of the staff's account's got compromised as well, thoughts about this? I myself think either the staff in question must have used a very easy to hack into password, or the hacker must be a pro at what he/she's doing. I've gotten flabbergasted at these news, just heard it from my ex. Ever been a member of that site? I've been for over a year.

This isn't the first time either:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-162654-page-3.html

I do wonder however whether it is a case of genuinely shutting down or not. @Joe is a member here, so maybe he can shed some light. Hacking is a fairly common issue amongst forums and a constant pain, so I do hope that they aren't hacked, but sadly it wouldn't surprise me.

Either way, I wish Wober all the best.
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"

(06-24-2016, 10:09 AM)katos Wrote: This isn't the first time either:

I do wonder however whether it is a case of genuinely shutting down or not. @Joe is a member here, so maybe he can shed some light. Hacking is a fairly common issue amongst forums and a constant pain, so I do hope that they aren't hacked, but sadly it wouldn't surprise me.

How many times did they get hacked as of yet?

(06-24-2016, 10:13 AM),Naiwen Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 10:09 AM)katos Wrote: This isn't the first time either:

How many times did they get hacked as of yet?

It would be very hard to accurately say. Firstly, I doubt forums (most of them, that is) would like to publicly announce they were hacked. 
Secondly, what constitutes a "hack" is very hotly debated. 

I do however believe that the site has been hacked a few times, though do bare in mind the site itself is quite old, so that is inevitable. Also, one should remember even google, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia and more (hose of the top 10 sites in the world) have all been hacked. 

However like I say, @Joe should be the one to shed more light on the subject.
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"

To clarify, Wober.net was not hacked. They have released a statement with regards to the hacking allegations:
[Image: 77a0147941a67b6f7eeab12fec4086de.png]

Whilst a shame to hear, we wish @Joe and his team all the best with their future endeavours. This topic will remain open for Wober discussion.

I wish @Joe the best of luck for what he plans to do next, if this is deemed to be correct. However I'm not entirely sure as there does seem like some rumors going about on Wober.
If you need assistance with anything, feel free to message me.

I am NOT a robot or am I?

(06-24-2016, 04:55 PM)Sir Twisted Wrote: I wish @Joe the best of luck for what he plans to do next, if this is deemed to be correct. However I'm not entirely sure as there does seem like some rumors going about on Wober.

Rumours are a big pain in the proverbial, as they tend to be just that - rumours.
I personally believe it, as forums can take it out of you; as his statement says. Also, his activity on the MyBB community forums has stopped.

Either way I too wish him all the best.

(06-24-2016, 05:06 PM)katos Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 04:55 PM)Sir Twisted Wrote: I wish @Joe the best of luck for what he plans to do next, if this is deemed to be correct. However I'm not entirely sure as there does seem like some rumors going about on Wober.

Rumours are a big pain in the proverbial, as they tend to be just that - rumours.
I personally believe it, as forums can take it out of you; as his statement says. Also, his activity on the MyBB community forums has stopped.

Either way I too wish him all the best.

Very true indeed, I know running a forum can be quite consuming however we all wish him the best of luck with his future plans.
If you need assistance with anything, feel free to message me.

I am NOT a robot or am I?