Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Venvasion
Facebook Messenger Hits 1 Billion Users
Facebook Messenger made its debut in 2011, but in 2014 the tech firm started requiring that users download a separate app to use the instant messaging feature. At that time, some users were hesitant to do so because of privacy concerns, though the company tried to ease these fears.

[img=710x0]http://www.gamevify.com/file/2016/07/facebook-messenger-update-w782.png[/img]

According to the company’s official statistics, as of March 31, 2016,  its monthly active users amounted to 1.65 billion, and 1.51 billion for mobile monthly active users. Approximately 84.2 percent of its daily active users are outside the US and Canada.

Quote:Today we are announcing that more than 1 billion people now use Facebook Messenger every month, making Messenger one of only a handful of apps worldwide that touch so many lives. – Facebook.

[img=710x0]http://www.gamevify.com/file/2016/07/facebook-messenger-growth-graph.jpg[/img]

The company also released a video celebrating the milestone.  About 22 million GIFs are sent every day, the most downloaded sticker pack is Angry Birds and users have played 1.2 billion games of basketball, according to the video.

Now Facebook is pretty much dominating the internet with its messaging apps. Let’s not forget that, WhatsApp hit 1 billion monthly active users in February earlier this year. While there’s surely a significant overlap, it still means over 1 out every 7 people on the planet are using one Facebook’s chat apps.

GameVify.com
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
It was only a matter of time. Because facebook already had over a billion people using their site on a monthly base, with the majority of them visiting the site via a mobile device. And they force users to use the messenger app, if you're using facebook via their mobile app.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register