Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Venvasion
Google to Acquire Apigee For $625 Million
Google has announced that it has entered a definitive agreement to acquire Apigee – leading provider of API technology and services for enterprises and developers. It will be shelling out a sum total of approximately $625 million for all shares at $17.40 per share in cash. The transaction is expected to close by the end of this year 2016.

Google cloud customers are already benefiting from Google App Engine and Google Container Engine, but Diane Green believes that Apigee’s API platform is more powerful, secure and robust. It will be used by customers for developing and publishing any performance specific interface for your app. It handles all the challenges a good API needs i.e security, freedom to choose development environment, a stable interface for innovation, and usage analytics.

[Image: Untitled-1-18.jpg]

Apigee’s API management, delivery, and analytic apps are currently being used by hundreds of companies including Walgreens, AT&T, Bechtel, Burberry, First Data, Gamesys, Swisscom, as well as tens of thousands of developers.

With this acquisition, Google is certainly playing its cards right and adding an established player in the API management space to its arsenal. It is also taking away a valued customer away from cloud service rival Amazon Web Services.

That's great news for Google users.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register