Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Naiwen
Best/Worst free Forum Software?
Best: I think it's MyBB, our actual software.

Worst : I think it's Zetaboards. Their default themes are just so ugly.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
myBB is great and has to be the best free forum software.
phpBB is probably the worst in my opinion, has so many little problems that can happen and it has a real lack of themes
(12-04-2016, 02:02 PM)kingcool52 Wrote: myBB is great and has to be the best free forum software.
phpBB is probably the worst in my opinion, has so many little problems that can happen and it has a real lack of themes

As a member of the support team at MyBB I myself am very happy to hear you say that :)
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
I've always used mybb as a go to, it's just great.
[Image: CeODU1G.gif]
Best: MyBB or Xenforo
Worst: VBulletin or SMF. PHPBB3 might be up there too...
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
(12-04-2016, 02:02 PM)kingcool52 Wrote: myBB is great and has to be the best free forum software.

I can't agree.  I'm using the latest phpBB and it's awesome!  I ran MyBB before, and don't like it nearly as much! :D
The Syndicate Lounge ~ https://thesyndicatelounge.com | General Lounge and Mental Health Support
ive been thru them all and they all lack, looks, features, looks like a new hip forum, coding templates. i use phpbb its as good as it gets
Yes agreed. I esp. like the phpBB "lightbox" attachment plugin. It was a bit tricky to setup, but it works.  MyBB had no such plugin, only a half working tutorial.  This was one of the main reasons I tried phpBB.
The Syndicate Lounge ~ https://thesyndicatelounge.com | General Lounge and Mental Health Support
Best: IPS, been using it for some years now and love it.

Crap: SMF, just waiting for years to see a update is just as bad
Welcome to the land of the dead!  ;)
Zetaboards and Forumotion are the only two free forum hosting companies that I've actually used to make a forum with.  I don't really have anything bad to say about either.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register