Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Naiwen
Used vs New Hardware?
Do you get yours used or new? For me, it'd depend on what. If it's in good conditions and clean, I'll get it used. If not, then new. New pieces of hardware are extremely expensive over here.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
Entirely depends on what the part is. I'd never buy a second hand hard drive (though I use some that were GIVEN to me)
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
(09-17-2016, 03:41 PM)katos Wrote: Entirely depends on what the part is. I'd never buy a second hand hard drive (though I use some that were GIVEN to me)

Why not? If it's as a good as new, why not save some money on expensive things?
Always new, so the lifespan of that such hardware would be brand new (especially applies to Graphics card and hard drives).
<br>
(09-18-2016, 07:35 AM)Suraf Wrote: Always new, so the lifespan of that such hardware would be brand new (especially applies to Graphics card and hard drives).

How can you afford it? Here, a new piece is very expensive.
(09-17-2016, 07:20 PM)Naiwen Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 03:41 PM)katos Wrote: Entirely depends on what the part is. I'd never buy a second hand hard drive (though I use some that were GIVEN to me)

Why not? If it's as a good as new, why not save some money on expensive things?

Due to the nature of what I store.
A second hand hard drive could very easily contain fragments of malware, and cannot be ensured for high quality and reliability. As a result, my hard drives are (nearly) always new. As well as this, I also back up to the cloud, though I will be reviewing new options for this as I dislike my current setup cloud-wise.
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
(09-18-2016, 07:54 PM)Naiwen Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 07:35 AM)Suraf Wrote: Always new, so the lifespan of that such hardware would be brand new (especially applies to Graphics card and hard drives).

A job.
<br>
(09-19-2016, 10:06 AM)Suraf Wrote:

A job.

It'd have to pay you a lot of money for you to be able to afford all your new hardware pieces, no?
(09-19-2016, 08:18 PM)Naiwen Wrote:

A job.

It'd have to pay you a lot of money for you to be able to afford all your new hardware pieces, no?

The amount I work a week, a pay check every two weeks. And damn good for me to afford new hardware without a problem and still saving up.
<br>
(09-20-2016, 06:25 PM)Suraf Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 08:18 PM)Naiwen Wrote:

A job.

The amount I work a week, a pay check every two weeks. And damn good for me to afford new hardware without a problem and still saving up.

Great for you, then.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register