Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Naiwen
Xenforo vs IPB?
(09-24-2016, 07:23 PM)katos Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 08:26 AM)euan Wrote: Of the two, I prefer XenForo. Their administrator interface takes some getting used to, but quite a lot of it is well thought out. Unfortunately their default theme has always looked rubbish. There are a lot of people making custom and pre-made themes for it though, many of which look great (such as the guys at Audentio and Pixel Exit).

IPB have a lot of nice features, but I feel they spread themselves a bit thin by trying to support all of the many products they have. IPB 4 was promising, but doesn't seem to have taken off in the way I was kind of expecting.

Of all the paid software, Woltlab is currently the most interesting to me. Much cheaper to run, most of the most wanted features and the developers seem very responsive to user feedback.

I agree, WoltLab is indeed very interesting. It's one that I follow closely.
Used WoltLab and didn't see any difference between them.
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
(09-17-2016, 07:30 PM)Naiwen Wrote: Which do you prefer between these 2 and why? I hands down prefer Xenforo over IPB. Maybe it's because I never used it's admin or mod panel.

I love XF. Been using it since Feb. 2105.  I used IPB in 2006 and it was cool, but it was too expensive.  I switched to VB after that. lol
The Syndicate Lounge ~ https://thesyndicatelounge.com | General Lounge and Mental Health Support
(12-04-2016, 01:58 AM)zoldos Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 07:30 PM)Naiwen Wrote: Which do you prefer between these 2 and why? I hands down prefer Xenforo over IPB. Maybe it's because I never used it's admin or mod panel.

I love XF. Been using it since Feb. 2105.  I used IPB in 2006 and it was cool, but it was too expensive.  I switched to VB after that. lol

oh lordy lord. Please not Vbulletin...
Anything but VBulletin :(
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
XenForo definately. Looks great and has some great themes
(12-04-2016, 02:02 PM)kingcool52 Wrote: XenForo definately. Looks great and has some great themes

I agree.
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
hehe I used VB3 for a couple years until I got XF. :D
The Syndicate Lounge ~ https://thesyndicatelounge.com | General Lounge and Mental Health Support
I'm using IPB on my current forum. I've never used XenForo, so I have no idea what it looks like from the administrative side, but as a user, I've found IPB's interface to be more aesthetically pleasing than XenForo's. I don't dislike XenForo, but I like IPB a little more than it.
Cool.  How much is IPB these days? I paid $120 for XF then it's like $50 per year for updates.
I think IPB, it powers most of my online forums. I'm not a huge fan of the default theme but if you change it to something like Matter, and tweak it a tiny bit, you'll end up with this: https://i.gyazo.com/f1e6e62c9987a0642f86...43f0bf.png
(12-16-2016, 10:52 PM)zoldos Wrote: Cool.  How much is IPB these days? I paid $120 for XF then it's like $50 per year for updates.

Well, it's expensive as heck. They just raised the price of the default app (the core+the the forum) to $200, and each of the other apps (the gallery, the blogs, the site building app etc.) are around $100 each. Not to mention that their basic support takes over 24 hours to reply to tickets, so you have to pay $100 a month extra for premium support if you need fast assistance.

It's a good software, but the developers are little too greedy.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register