Thread Contributor: Naiwen
HP vs Dell?
Which one is the worst in your eyes? I think they're both crappy.

Both terrible on the HARDWARE side. 

HP software is pretty decent in parts. And Dell servers are actually decent (though their workstation should are shocking and @'ben cousins' might not agree with me re the servers!) 

I'd say HP is worst tthough
The following 1 user Likes katos's post:
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"

(09-23-2016, 09:08 AM)katos Wrote: Both terrible on the HARDWARE side. 

HP software is pretty decent in parts. And Dell servers are actually decent (though their workstation should are shocking and @'ben cousins' might not agree with me re the servers!) 

Your reasons?

(09-23-2016, 08:05 PM)Naiwen Wrote:
(09-23-2016, 09:08 AM)katos Wrote: Both terrible on the HARDWARE side. 

Your reasons?

That is his reason.

HP is great, don't prefer it when building a computer (ASUS is my <3 for that). Dell well I personally hate that completely due to performace on most computers and overpriced Alienware when I can build a better computer, half the price. Oh and the customer service was terrible but it has been a couple years now, could've improved but I'd rather just stick with HP laptop and ASUS for custom built computers.

(09-23-2016, 09:08 AM)katos Wrote: And Dell servers are actually decent (though their workstation should are shocking and @'ben cousins' might not agree with me re the servers!) 

Nope, nope I agree...

I run Dell servers and won't touch Dell workstations (as I have Macs.)
The following 1 user Likes Ben Cousins's post:

Both are pretty good when it comes to business support and hardware. We have a couple of HP Proliant servers at work that are pretty solid. We also have a few Dell PowerEdges that work flawlessly too. Dell's support has been pretty good in our experience, though they can be more pushy with sales than HP are I've found.
[Image: BIf47zQ.gif]

(09-24-2016, 08:31 AM)euan Wrote: Both are pretty good when it comes to business support and hardware. We have a couple of HP Proliant servers at work that are pretty solid. We also have a few Dell PowerEdges that work flawlessly too. Dell's support has been pretty good in our experience, though they can be more pushy with sales than HP are I've found.

Business wise, they're not bad at all. HP support have been poor for us however. With regards to dell they do indeed seem to like to push sales rather aggressively
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"

(09-24-2016, 08:48 AM)katos Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 08:31 AM)euan Wrote: Both are pretty good when it comes to business support and hardware. We have a couple of HP Proliant servers at work that are pretty solid. We also have a few Dell PowerEdges that work flawlessly too. Dell's support has been pretty good in our experience, though they can be more pushy with sales than HP are I've found.

Business wise, they're not bad at all. HP support have been poor for us however. With regards to dell they do indeed seem to like to push sales rather aggressively
Who are you referring to when using "us"?

(09-24-2016, 07:44 PM)Naiwen Wrote:
(09-24-2016, 08:48 AM)katos Wrote:

Who are you referring to when using "us"?

I'd assume his workplace :)
[Image: BIf47zQ.gif]

(09-25-2016, 10:14 AM)euan Wrote: I'd assume his workplace :)

You assume correctly, good sir! :p
The following 1 user Likes katos's post: