Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Naiwen
Harassment!
We've been getting voicemails from a machine telling us : "Before we press any legal charges against you, kindly reply back to us." We've been getting this often these days. So, what can be done about it?
 [Image: Hello-Kitty-45-1.jpg]
if ur from usa. u can contact BBB.gov i think it is. and give them the number and see if its real or not. other than that im not sure
[Image: 0qTATV8.png]
EX Forum Authority Moderator
(10-14-2016, 11:14 PM)foufos Wrote: if ur from usa. u can contact BBB.gov i think it is. and give them the number and see if its real or not. other than that im not sure

You can also report said person to the Police (at least here in the UK) for harassment and they can also be prosecuted under the telecommunications act.
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
that too. also make sure to record the messages
[Image: 0qTATV8.png]
EX Forum Authority Moderator
(10-17-2016, 04:45 PM)foufos Wrote: that too. also make sure to record the messages

Good advice, and take screenshots of texts.
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
I've been getting messages from someone or someplace.  They are looking for someone known as Jack King Jr.  We've told them to take our number off the list because nobody by that name lives here but they still keep calling us anyway.  So this is some nice information......

Thank you!
(12-05-2016, 03:56 PM)JennyorAlice Wrote: I've been getting messages from someone or someplace.  They are looking for someone known as Jack King Jr.  We've told them to take our number off the list because nobody by that name lives here but they still keep calling us anyway.  So this is some nice information......

Thank you!

Depending where you live, the Data Protection Act comes into play here. I'd strongly suggest that you contact the Information Commissioners Office if it continues and inform them of the number calling you, and that they haven't removed you from the call list upon request, as this is a breach of the act.
(12-05-2016, 04:51 PM)katos Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 03:56 PM)JennyorAlice Wrote: I've been getting messages from someone or someplace.  They are looking for someone known as Jack King Jr.  We've told them to take our number off the list because nobody by that name lives here but they still keep calling us anyway.  So this is some nice information......

Thank you!

Depending where you live, the Data Protection Act comes into play here. I'd strongly suggest that you contact the Information Commissioners Office if it continues and inform them of the number calling you, and that they haven't removed you from the call list upon request, as this is a breach of the act.

Thank you for that information.  I will do that if I ever get a phone call from them again.   Clapping
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register