Thread Contributor: Naiwen
What's SEO and how important is your SEO Rank?
Firstly, could anyone explain to me simply what's SEO? And why is your SEO rank important and how important is it to you? I got no opinion on this as I don't know anything about it at all. I don't even know what it is.
[url=http://s15.zetaboards.com/The_health_Forum/index/][/url][Image: naiwen_Ariel_sig.png]

(09-27-2016, 09:19 PM)Naiwen Wrote: Firstly, could anyone explain to me simply what's SEO? And why is your SEO rank important and how important is it to you? I got no opinion on this as I don't know anything about it at all. I don't even know what it is.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting your website visibility to search engines. For example (in simple terms) the better your SEO, the higher you "rank" on Google, and thus the closer to the top of Page 1 you are likely to be.

With this in mind, SEO SHOULD be a very important thing for all sites, really. Depending on your niche and your setup, depends on how you would target your SEO.

Hope this helps!
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"

(09-27-2016, 09:27 PM)katos Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 09:19 PM)Naiwen Wrote: Firstly, could anyone explain to me simply what's SEO? And why is your SEO rank important and how important is it to you? I got no opinion on this as I don't know anything about it at all. I don't even know what it is.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting your website visibility to search engines. For example (in simple terms) the better your SEO, the higher you "rank" on Google, and thus the closer to the top of Page 1 you are likely to be.

With this in mind, SEO SHOULD be a very important thing for all sites, really. Depending on your niche and your setup, depends on how you would target your SEO.

Hope this helps!
So, not merely forums? Any kind of sites?
[url=http://s15.zetaboards.com/The_health_Forum/index/][/url][Image: naiwen_Ariel_sig.png]

(09-28-2016, 07:11 PM)Naiwen Wrote:

Hope this helps!

Absolutely, SEO is for ANY website
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"

(09-28-2016, 07:18 PM)katos Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 07:11 PM)Naiwen Wrote:

Hope this helps!

Absolutely, SEO is for ANY website
Really? I didn't care too much about my sites' SEO rank, and it didn't seem too important to me when I got them.