Thread Contributor: Venvasion
Major Companies Join Forces On Future Of AI
Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM and Microsoft join forces to explore the challenges, opportunities and ethics of artificial intelligence. Several of the tech sector’s biggest names have come together to form an Artificial Intelligence organisation that will explore the ethics and applications of technology that could transform the entire industry.

Leading AI researchers from each of the firms have said the agreement is “breaking down barriers,” “historic” and that it will lead to systems and products that can operate both safely and fairly. This includes creating self-driving vehicles that are able to make ethical choices and how artificial intelligence is used to treat diseases.

In a press call, Partnership On AI members were asked about other larger tech companies that were notably missing from the initiative – mainly Apple. Responding, the group mentioned that Apple had been propositioned to join and in response they were enthusiastic about the effort. However, nothing has been locked in as of yet. In regards to non-American tech companies, a group sorely lacking on the Partnership On AI’s initial founders list, the group plans on making announcements in the coming weeks.

AI technologies hold tremendous potential to improve many aspects of life, ranging from healthcare, education, and manufacturing to home automation and transportation. This partnership will provide consumer and industrial users of cognitive systems a vital voice in the advancement of the defining technology of this century.

The importance of making tech for everyone, and not just for those lucky enough to have a hand in crafting it, remains an important aspect of artificial intelligence and many other software and hardware products.

This is very interesting, and I truthfully am glad to see it happen. I look forward to the future of artificial intelligence and what it could bring. Potentially some exciting times ahead!

Thanks for sharing @Venvasion
The following 1 user Likes katos's post:
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"