Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

katos
Admin Ads closes down.
(12-16-2016, 09:12 AM)Daphne Wrote: I know a little bit from what happened 'behind the scene', and the reason for the shut down was not the host. One of the admins abused power after having been given access to the cPanel and deleted the site. The owner's only backup was from several months back, so they wanted to start fresh, but then changed their mind.

I'm sad to hear that.  I hate to hear it when someone abuses their power and does something like this.  Personally, I liked the community there.
What is happing here shows just how important it is to always keep recent back up’s, ideally you want to keep daily back up’s. Another lesson you should learn from this is that you can never trust other people with your cpanel.
(04-17-2017, 11:29 AM)thebestofthebest Wrote: What is happing here shows just how important it is to always keep recent back up’s, ideally you want to keep daily back up’s. Another lesson you should learn from this is that you can never trust other people with your cpanel.

You should always do your homework when it comes to hiring someone to be another administrator or giving someone access to your control panel.  This is a prime example of being careful when you hire someone to be a staff member on your forum.
"AdminAds has aged, became slow and we are being limited by our host about what we can do with the site. As such we have decided to close AdminAds"

They mean they're not motivated enough to run it anymore pretty much.
I miss adminads, i had a lot of contribution. Do any one know adminads new site ?
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register