Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

katos
Admin Ads closes down.
We've seen it all now folks! 

Well known advertising forum "Admin Ads" has announced this week that they have closed the site and migrated to a new host, with a new domain name. What's even more interesting, is that they're (currently, at the time of writing this thread) using the stock PHPBB3 theme. The site was supposedly closed because:

Quote:AdminAds has aged, became slow and we are being limited by our host about what we can do with the site. As such we have decided to close AdminAds

What do you guys think of the news, and will you be looking at joining their new site?
What sites do you use to advertise?

Let us know below!
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
Honestly I've never heard of them before, but it seems interesting that they'd choose this route - why not simply move the old site to a new host?
[Image: BIf47zQ.gif]
(10-09-2016, 04:22 PM)euan Wrote: Honestly I've never heard of them before, but it seems interesting that they'd choose this route - why not simply move the old site to a new host?

We wondered the same, it must be said...
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
Well it looks like they'll be just restarting the old site. This is the message on their site:

"ADMINADS RETURNING NOVEMBER! New team, new services, new everything. This is the time AA will takeoff! "
(12-04-2016, 02:05 PM)kingcool52 Wrote: Well it looks like they'll be just restarting the old site. This is the message on their site:

"ADMINADS RETURNING NOVEMBER! New team, new services, new everything. This is the time AA will takeoff! "

However, we are in December now and not much going on over there.
[Image: CeODU1G.gif]
It's likely that they planned to return, but what with the domain take-over, and database theft etc people simply forget and move on. Makes it hard to return as triumphantly as perhaps they expected.
(12-04-2016, 02:05 PM)kingcool52 Wrote: "ADMINADS RETURNING NOVEMBER! New team, new services, new everything. This is the time AA will takeoff! "

I'm yet to see AdminAds provide... anything.

This is the issue with Promotion style websites. People promote. It's a backlink, that's it.
I've visited Admin Ads before, however, I hadn't realized that they had closed down.  I think it's a shame that they had to close.  I thought that was a good forum and they were trying to offer a service that no one else had thought of before for a forum with that niche`.
I know a little bit from what happened 'behind the scene', and the reason for the shut down was not the host. One of the admins abused power after having been given access to the cPanel and deleted the site. The owner's only backup was from several months back, so they wanted to start fresh, but then changed their mind.
I have visited it a few times but the site was honestly not that active from the start, other than members registering to post one thread; and that thread was them advertising their website.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register