Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Darkness
Hunting
I've gone once with an old friend but I was not armed, I just watched. I do want to hunt coyote though. Hear them all the time in the woods behind my new house. They're also killing off deer.
(12-02-2016, 12:17 AM)Nasty Wrote: I've gone once with an old friend but I was not armed, I just watched. I do want to hunt coyote though. Hear them all the time in the woods behind my new house. They're also killing off deer.

You should never go in the woods unarmed even if someone with you was armed. If a black bear went after you and your friend didn't spot it in time or if you were split up you wouldn't last long.

The first time I ever went hunting I was a barely a teen and I went with my uncle he had me go in one end of the woods to try and scare deer out into the open field, while that method worked a black bear ended up coming behind me, luckily my uncles friend decided to follow me in the woods far behind and seen but the bear ran off instead.
(12-02-2016, 12:57 AM)South Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 12:17 AM)Nasty Wrote: I've gone once with an old friend but I was not armed, I just watched. I do want to hunt coyote though. Hear them all the time in the woods behind my new house. They're also killing off deer.

You should never go in the woods unarmed even if someone with you was armed. If a black bear went after you and your friend didn't spot it in time or if you were split up you wouldn't last long.

The first time I ever went hunting I was a barely a teen and I went with my uncle he had me go in one end of the woods to try and scare deer out into the open field, while that method worked a black bear ended up coming behind me, luckily my uncles friend decided to follow me in the woods far behind and seen but the bear ran off instead.

I'd shit myself. We were in a stand though, 20 feet off the ground.
I don't see the sport or challenge in modern day hunting. It doesn't feel like a competition, and it definitely isn't exciting (for me at least). I loathe hunting season at work because that's when everyone takes vacation and I pick up slack. And then they return and talk about hunting non-stop. I had a guy go on for twenty minutes about how he got up at 3 AM, went to a field and saw/shot at nothing. There was no premise to the story. It was just to talk about hunting.

I don't knock it though. Everyone needs hobbies and there's nothing wrong with going outside. Plus, culling down deer saves from traffic incidents and venison jerky is THE BEST.
(12-09-2016, 07:43 AM)Adam Wrote: I don't see the sport or challenge in modern day hunting. It doesn't feel like a competition, and it definitely isn't exciting (for me at least). I loathe hunting season at work because that's when everyone takes vacation and I pick up slack. And then they return and talk about hunting non-stop. I had a guy go on for twenty minutes about how he got up at 3 AM, went to a field and saw/shot at nothing. There was no premise to the story. It was just to talk about hunting.

I don't knock it though. Everyone needs hobbies and there's nothing wrong with going outside. Plus, culling down deer saves from traffic incidents and venison jerky is THE BEST.

I too always hated when the hunters went on vacation and I had to work harder because of it.
And the constant hunting stories afterward fuck my brain up too.
I just can't sit there and listen to a guy tell a glory story about sitting in a tree stand for thirteen hours without even seeing a deer and acting like he climbed mount Olympus and wrestled Zeus himself in to submission.
Not all hunters are that annoying of course, but usually the guys that want to talk about it are.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register