Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

katos
Forum Authority - IMPORTANT NEWS
Greetings all.

The past few months have seen a whole hoard of hardships for us here at ForumAuthority. First, we had the Saul Saga, the epic breakup of the mergal of two forums, which saw themes destroyed and plugins lost in a bloody war.

Now, it has come to our attention that ... certain members, shall we say, have taken it upon themselves to attack the integrity of ForumAuthority. Whilst we're certain that our systems have maintained their integrity except for the deletion of plugins (what is it with people and plugins! ...), threads, posts, and users... (how dare they touch users!). We're happy to report that our initial belief is that passwords have not been leaked. This is due to the fact that no database backup was taken, however our database was deleted.

Sadly, in the heat of getting things restored, our backup that we had sadly is corrupt, and we've had to restore to a very old backup (note to Sir Twisted - BACKUP!). Because of this, we're sorry to say that posts and threads have been lost.

BUT. Onto the good news.
We're happy to report that I (Katos) will be working to improve and overhaul our security systems here at ForumAuthority, including the limiting of RFI and LFI, DDoS, DoS, XSS, SQLi, etc.
A huge plethora of files and systems have already been patched and secured. But please note that this is an ongoing process.

IF your account is missing, we ask that you please recreate it - we apologize for any inconvenience, and for us letting you down. We assure you that we've learnt from this issue, and we are working hard behind the scenes.

For those of you who'se account remain, despite the lack of a database leak, we strongly urge a password reset, for the notion of security, and to be safe. PLEASE also check your accounts where similar usernames / passwords might be used.

Myself and Sir Twisted would like to thank you all for your continued support of Forum Authority,
If anyone has any questions, my PM box will be open until it's flooded.
Kind regards,
The staff.
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
Why are there so many people who try to rape us?
[Image: uvvV1Jd.png]
Pandas Wrote:Why are there so many people who try to rape us?

[Image: tumblr_nihntlcjUc1sqx2o0o1_500.gif]
"I'm a gamer, not because I don't have a life... But because I choose to have many"
katos Wrote:
Pandas Wrote:Why are there so many people who try to rape us?

[Image: tumblr_nihntlcjUc1sqx2o0o1_500.gif]

Did you disrespect pea-nuts?

How dare you sir!
Pandas Wrote:Did you disrespect pea-nuts?

How dare you sir!

No idea how you got that one, but no... no I didn't.
katos Wrote:
Pandas Wrote:Did you disrespect pea-nuts?

How dare you sir!

No idea how you got that one, but no... no I didn't.

Good. If you did.

x_x
Well, now that is just terrible.

"This world holds only despair, it's not worth existing!"

[Image: 1MgWGdy]

"I am no one, I don't want to be anyone in this world that will be rid away with."

Bird Wrote:Well, now that is just terrible.

Sage i presume? It really is :(
[Image: CeODU1G.gif]
Sir Twisted Wrote:

Yes, that would be me.

"This world holds only despair, it's not worth existing!"

[Image: 1MgWGdy]

"I am no one, I don't want to be anyone in this world that will be rid away with."

Bird Wrote:
Sir Twisted Wrote:

Yes, that would be me.

Thank you for your support during these painful times.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register