Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Cyber
Updates 10.20.2016
We will be improving security over the next few weeks. 

So far we've blocked many IPs and added captchas.
We have upgraded forum software.
Will update as more are added.
Good to know. Glad the site is seeming more and more active.
[Image: Untitled_1.png]
(10-20-2016, 08:17 PM)Cyber Wrote: We will be improving security over the next few weeks. 

So far we've blocked many IPs and added captchas.
We have upgraded forum software.
Will update as more are added.

looking forward to this
[Image: 2vN8kCk.png]
Been encountering the Captcha a lot but it' fine, as long as it provides security to others :)
[Image: 466bf1cb2c.jpg]
(10-21-2016, 12:46 PM)Power Wrote: Been encountering the Captcha a lot but it' fine, as long as it provides security to others :)

The issue is like my own site NightForums went under DDoS Attack. However they decided rather than opting for a DDoS Provider that automatically handles layer7 attacks for them to instead setup CAPTCHAs on the involved countries. Not trying to be rude but that's not the best way to handle an attack (I.e. attacker decides to attack from new source / only workaround is to CAPTCHA all countries).
(10-24-2016, 09:44 PM)Deatives Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 12:46 PM)Power Wrote: Been encountering the Captcha a lot but it' fine, as long as it provides security to others :)

The issue is like my own site NightForums went under DDoS Attack. However they decided rather than opting for a DDoS Provider that automatically handles layer7 attacks for them to instead setup CAPTCHAs on the involved countries. Not trying to be rude but that's not the best way to handle an attack (I.e. attacker decides to attack from new source / only workaround is to CAPTCHA all countries).

We captcha'd less established countries as a free alternative so we can invest into other things(theme, adverts, etc.)
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register