Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Arma
Free Speech
What are you opinions on the movement some websites are making towards free speech and un censored posting, websites such as
gab.ai and most of the websites on the DW were built for the purpose of promoting free speech and getting rid of media censorship. They allow
users to express their thoughts and opinions without the fear of being banned and blocked from the social platform.
[Image: arma_sig.png]
(11-15-2016, 09:06 PM)Arma Wrote: What are you opinions on the movement some websites are making towards free speech and un censored posting, websites such as
gab.ai and most of the websites on the DW were built for the purpose of promoting free speech and getting rid of media censorship. They allow
users to express their thoughts and opinions without the fear of being banned and blocked from the social platform.

Well freedom of speech also comes with its downside such as flaming and hateful messages like racism, sexism and all other discrimination. What's important is for what we say to be heard and most of all considered. Aaron Swartz and others have thought for our rights but we can see that the government and federal justice will oppress and crush us as soon as our message empowers the population to act and unite.
[Image: 466bf1cb2c.jpg]
LOL. Something that's funny and ticks me off at the same time and when a user on a popular social media site says something beyond rude and hateful, he gets banned or something, and says 'omg no free speech I hate this hate' when you were being an idiot.

Sorry, but free speech is not an excuse to be a huge ****.

I'm fine with people speaking their mind if there is no discrimination, such as racism, sexism, homophobia, and the likes. It's not healthy to just say 'I HATE X, THEY SHOULD GO TO HELL AND BLEH BLEH', seriously, that's not ok.

While people can create sites that promote and add to that type of hateful crap, it's not good to use free speech that harms others. It disgusts me.

Now, I'm not saying that people should not be entitled to dislike something or even a whole group of people for their own reasons, it's just good to keep that negativity inside.
Forums should have a place for rants. 100% hate allowed, xD that would be damn savage.
Freedom of speech isn't the same thing as freedom from social consequence.

Free speech comes with it all the implications of hate speech, abuse, bigotry, etc. Inviting free speech is inviting all of it.

I think everyone should have a place, somewhere in their life, where they can say anything they want without having to worry about authority-based repercussions. That said, most public places should not support free speech. Most people, in everyday life, shouldn't be subject to the possibility of hate speech. Privately owned areas, or publically occupied places, absolutely have the right to enforce whatever rules about conduct they want to have.

Freedom of speech is less about being able to say whatever you want wherever you want, and more about letting citizens decide what is socially acceptable and what is not, as opposed to the government deciding for them.
There is nothing as freedom today. We are just pieces that politics plays with. Sad but true..
[Image: 68rGjlf.png]
(11-25-2016, 05:21 AM)Resize Wrote: There is nothing as freedom today. We are just pieces that politics plays with. Sad but true..

Really? No such thing as free speech today? Tell me, when was the last time you were arrested for insulting the government or the neighbor next door? Do you ever actually worry that you'll get in trouble with the authorities over something you say? We can say what we want to, and most evidence to the contrary--privately owned places, death threats, breaking the law--is anecdotal or part of the point.

We have freedom. We definitely have freedom of speech. Politicians are people too; the government isn't run by chess-playing lizards, and people aren't pawns. Giving in to the (inherently flawed!) belief that we as regular citizens can't do anything will only perpetuate that myth and reinforce people's reluctance to improve the things they're complaining about.
(11-25-2016, 05:44 AM)Gooze Wrote:
(11-25-2016, 05:21 AM)Resize Wrote: There is nothing as freedom today. We are just pieces that politics plays with. Sad but true..

Really? No such thing as free speech today? Tell me, when was the last time you were arrested for insulting the government or the neighbor next door? Do you ever actually worry that you'll get in trouble with the authorities over something you say? We can say what we want to, and most evidence to the contrary--privately owned places, death threats, breaking the law--is anecdotal or part of the point.

We have freedom. We definitely have freedom of speech. Politicians are people too; the government isn't run by chess-playing lizards, and people aren't pawns. Giving in to the (inherently flawed!) belief that we as regular citizens can't do anything will only perpetuate that myth and reinforce people's reluctance to improve the things they're complaining about.

I can tell you serveral countrys where freedom of speech does not exist. 
There is countrys where you cant even wear the clothes you want, is that called freedom? 

many governments keeps violate our rights of freedom, spying on us, having records on everything we do, its not freedom. 
Okey as a human we always will have our freedom of speech as we say what we want to say, but many say things other want to say and hear for other reasons as being pushed out.
(11-25-2016, 05:55 AM)Resize Wrote: I can tell you serveral countrys where freedom of speech does not exist. 
There is countrys where you cant even wear the clothes you want, is that called freedom? 

many governments keeps violate our rights of freedom, spying on us, having records on everything we do, its not freedom. 
Okey as a human we always will have our freedom of speech as we say what we want to say, but many say things other want to say and hear for other reasons as being pushed out.

Oh, I had assumed you were talking about the US and other first world countries--the places that believe strongly in and legally promise freedom of speech.

I agree that we have a right to privacy which is by and large violated regularly, but I think our right to free speech is upheld fairly pretty much all of the time.
I don't know what you mean by "many say things other want to say and hear for other reasons as being pushed out".
(11-25-2016, 06:22 AM)Gooze Wrote:
(11-25-2016, 05:55 AM)Resize Wrote: I can tell you serveral countrys where freedom of speech does not exist. 

Oh, I had assumed you were talking about the US and other first world countries--the places that believe strongly in and legally promise freedom of speech.

I agree that we have a right to privacy which is by and large violated regularly, but I think our right to free speech is upheld fairly pretty much all of the time.
I don't know what you mean by "many say things other want to say and hear for other reasons as being pushed out".
Like people are pushed to say things they dont stand behind. They are forced to say it because it gets them accepted.  Its sad that its like that. People are afraid to say and show what they really stand for.
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register