Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register

Hype
C# vs. VB.NET Speed Test
So I was interested to see which language was faster. So I made a program to test if one was faster than the other.

My findings concluded that VB runs a bit faster than C#. I believed it would be the other way around. They are only ~0.1 seconds apart though, so no GROUNDBREAKING difference. But the VB file is larger by about 4 KB, and that's a lot when both progams aren't in the double 

If you want to try this yourself then here are the copies of the 2 programs, both function the same way but are in different langauges.
https://mega.nz/#!p8REEIhJ!IwnVPEurGa0Zq...vAa2Sm5OyQ

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f9a4f...479695237/
[Image: QDcxlgI.png?1]
Virus scans please or screen shots
(11-21-2016, 02:10 AM)Cyber Wrote: Virus scans please or screen shots

I'll update with a scan, give me a sec.
I personally believe C# still allows for more freedom when coding, even if there is a 0.1 second speed difference.
[Image: arma_sig.png]
(11-21-2016, 02:25 AM)Arma Wrote: I personally believe C# still allows for more freedom when coding, even if there is a 0.1 second speed difference.

I can do either one, a 0.1 seconds difference doesn't really mean much to me either. It was just a little experiment.
Nice experiment, how long did it take?
(11-21-2016, 11:29 PM)SlapThaBox Wrote: Nice experiment, how long did it take?

Took me almost no time to make the 2 programs. All they do are take an integer (0) and add 1 on a loop until they get to like 50k I believe is the end number, then it outputs the time it took to finish.
Nice my dude I didn't try it out but really nice
Browsing as a guest
Hello! You are currently browsing this thread as a guest, If you would like to reply to this thread, please
or Register