Thread Contributor: Dr Zoidberg
I want to buy a pet
I recently rented out an apartment and my sister moved in with me since she's back in town.
I was thinking about getting a pet, but since it's an apartment it can't be something big, so I was thinking about getting a small lab mouse. (those little mice with white fur and red eyes)
[Image: LabMouse.jpg] 

The only thing is that my sister hates rats/mice but it shouldn't be hard for me to make her accept the idea that I want to get a mouse. 
What do you guys think? Should I go through with it or not? Also what's your view on lab mice?
[Image: DRPkiTY.gif]

If you watched Flowers for Algernon, its a pretty sad movie about a guy named Charlie and stuff and he has a mice.
[Image: ed3bTUn.gif]

(11-21-2016, 09:29 PM)Karulean Wrote: If you watched Flowers for Algernon, its a pretty sad movie about a guy named Charlie and stuff and he has a mice.

Never heard of that movie to be honest. I might check it out in the near future.
I was also thinking about getting a hedgehog but they can live up to 10 years and that would be too big of a commitment for me right now.
Mice usually live 1-3 years, which would be just fine, unless I get really attached to it. I tend to get attached pretty easily, sadly.

Lab mice?
Shoot, they aren't real mice.
I think you should just promise your sister that it'll stay away from her at all times.

(11-21-2016, 10:48 PM)SlapThaBox Wrote: Lab mice?
I think you should just promise your sister that it'll stay away from her at all times.

That shouldn't be a problem since it will be in my room in a cage.
I will obviously take it out from time to time since I want to tame it and get him used to me.
She(my sister) is mostly disgusted by the tail, because it has no fur on it.

(11-21-2016, 10:51 PM)On3. Wrote:

I will obviously take it out from time to time since I want to tame it and get him used to me.

Ewwwww, lmao.
I never thought of it that way.

(11-21-2016, 10:52 PM)SlapThaBox Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 10:51 PM)On3. Wrote:

Ewwwww, lmao.
I never thought of it that way.

Here you go, rat tail:
[Image: rat+tails.jpg]

I don't enjoy rats, but mice are cool.
[Image: 55064231_hhn3op.jpg]

Rats have a pretty long tails and since mice are a lot smaller their tail is a lot shorter as well, so mice ftw.